Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard & Mouse not responding but appear to be working fine

• Please log in to reply

bg111

bg111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi, the below images are what I can find relating to the USB ports and also the Floppy Disc error I get when starting the computer.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
Check that the floppy drive is plugged into the MB securely or if you do not use it disable/uninstall it.

Enable the USB flexibay option in the BIOS and see if the front ports work.

bg111

bg111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Well that fixed the error with the floppy drive, sadly no life still from the USB ports. There is power going to the mouse, but the cursor doesnt move and no lights appear on the keyboard. everything works ok in my new USB card and PS2 card though.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
Well I can only put it down to wear and tear and time catching up with the PC, at least the new hardware will keep you going until you are ready for a new computer.

bg111

bg111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Ok, i thought that might be the case, but in your opinion the hardware is going to keep me going for a while yet?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

Ok, i thought that might be the case, but in your opinion the hardware is going to keep me going for a while yet?

That is like asking me if you will win the lottery :D

Joking apart if you get another 12 months use from the PC your recent financial outlay will have been repaid, please keep in mind though that nothing lasts for ever and this issue could be a sign that the computer is feeling it`s age.