Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stick in hibernation/sleep mode

• Please log in to reply

bobcat78

bobcat78

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
The problem first happened about a year or so ago the laptop wouldn't start. Made noises and would light up but the display would not kick on. Took it to the local PC repair shop. Took him about 15 minutes and he got it working again. Said the computer was stuck in hibernation or sleep mode. Problem resurfaced couple months after. Took it back to the repair shop and it was the same deal.

It happened again about a month ago and I tried pressing random buttons and shutting it off and then turning it back on and it worked. Now it is currently stuck again and I can't get it back on. Naturally the guy from the PC shop didn't tell me exactly how he got it unstuck. I don't really want to drop more money at the shop for what appears to be a simple problem that he can fix quickly.

Only problem is for the life of me I can't find out how he did it from the internet. Almost every single person/website/forum says something different. The potential problems that cause this are numerous.

I wasn't billed for any extra parts or time. I was billed for a half hours time which is the lowest they will charge. So whatever they did to fix it was not labor or time intensive.

Using a Dell XPS 1530 laptop with windows vista. Thank you.

Edited by bobcat78, 02 January 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Advertisements