Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

crashes and blackscreens:Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5066

• Please log in to reply

shermanhartman

shermanhartman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I use a Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5066. Toshiba replaced my hard drive a few months ago because it stopped working. It worked fine for a month or two, but then one day, it just shut off by itself. like it didnt go through the shutdown sequence, it was just instantly off. i just turned it on and it worked fine. It occasionally did this and i didnt think much of it. a few days ago, i was on the internet and the mouse froze and the computer was completely unresponsive. About 5 seconds later, the screen went black but the computer continued to run. The only thing that i could do was a hard shutdown. within the last few days it has been doing those things slowly increasing in frequency. Especially while doing things like playing games. I have no idea whats wrong with this thing but i dont need it just failing out on me out of nowhere. i ran virus scans and found nothing. any help to fix this would be great.

Advertisements

shermanhartman

shermanhartman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
anybody see this?

econouvelle

econouvelle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Saw your post. Have had my Toshiba Satellite just beyond warranty period I think. Problems started with slowdown, "waiting for cache" messages. Progressed to unresponsive pages and "aw, snap" messages. A few times I received messages about Shockwave Flash crashes (looking at about:plugins in Chrome, all looked o.k.). Running diagnostics did not detect problems. Now it sometimes takes 15 minutes just to get beyond the "opening Windows" screen. Seems like problems started after I did automatic Microsoft updates.