Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer is freezing randomly

• Please log in to reply

Gubben

Gubben

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I just did my custom computor a week ago, ye i can start it and so on but when i start a game it just freezes. But some games i can play but just for a while but then eventually the computer freezes again. Her are my specs: Cooler Master GX 750W PSU AMD FX-8350 8-Core Processor Gainward GeForce GTX 670 2GB PhysX CUDA ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0, Socket-AM3+ Kingston DDR3 HyperX Beast 8GB Samsung SSD 840 PROSeries 128GB 2.5" OEM Western Digital® Desktop Green 1TB. Im running on win 7 and i know that my 2133mhz ram needs customed in bios and i have done that. Im just asking you guys if you can see any other possible problems, write a comment if you think you can help me.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi GubbenPosted Image
Your specs look very good so should not have problems running applications.

Some possible causes to look at first, overheating, unstable OC, faulty RAM or incorrect settings, faulty PSU, even though new. Please do the following.
Restart the computer and enter BIOS, > Press F5 to load default setting, select yes to confirm, exit BIOS.
Go, > http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html On the right side of the window, download zip file, 32bit or 64bit. > Run the file, > max the window, > take a screen shot. > Save to the desktop.
Leave your browsing and HWM running, > Start a game, play for ten min, > Take another screenshot of HWM and save to desktop.

In you next post, make any comments and attach the two screenshots of HWM.

Gubben

Gubben

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I dont know if i put this out on the topics or sent it to you i cant see it so ill write it again. Its no heat problem i have already checked that its the ram that needs to be customed and i dont know how to do that. I they are currently set to 1333mhz, and it hasent freezed yet what i know of, and the game that used to insta freeze works fine now, but its cinda a unnecessary to have ram that can handle 2133mhz only uses 1333mhz :/ if anyone can help me like step by step or through skype or other communications would be a big help to me.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Without some form of hard information, any help given would just be guesswork.
First, please follow the instructions in Post #2, it will give us a starting point to work from. Post the screen shots.

Some other suggestion. Before you begin, Please create an image of the Boot drive and recovery disk using windows built in tools.