Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot acess to desktop - Windows Vista blocks right after reboot

• Please log in to reply

ALV

ALV

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Dear all,
I think I have a virus or something of the kind in my Toshiba as I get a blank screen when I reboot the laptop. I have rebooted it in safe mode several times and aparently the search for errors in the system files showed no issues, but the truth is that I cannot acess to the restore function.
What can I do?
Thanks in advance for all your help! I have rebooted it so many times...!
Regards,
Ana

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello ALV

Malware assistance is not permitted outside of the malware forums so as you believe your computer is infected we can do nothing here until your computer is given the all clear by the experts on those forums, if the issue remains you will most likely be referred back to this topic and we will then help.

Please refer to the tutorial provided courtesy of admin and JSntgRvr respectively before starting a malware topic http://www.geekstogo...ystem-tutorial/

Good luck with it.

ALV

ALV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello,
Thanks for your answer. Can you help me with something else, please? I tried to use the restore function to a previous successful reboot, and I am sure I have many restore points saved in the disk, but when I try to use it, I get the message that there are no restore points saved. Can they somehow disappear? Be deleted by whatever is causing damage to my laptop?
Thanks,
ALV

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
How did you try and do a system restore, was it from Safe Mode.

I cannot speculate what could cause restore points to disappear.

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hi ALV,

If you would like, I can get this moved to the malware forum and help you out.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Yys, malware can and often does delete restore points.