Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple tiles and applications open - HOW

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
1. On Windows 8, one of the frequently commented on problems, is how to access multiple "windows", like we are all used to having open, even if minimized on previous editions of Windows

2. There are many third party utilities that do this, that may be downloaded - some free.

3. In my experience, a fair percentage of them are reported as causing other minor glitches. I must stress that I have not tested any of them myself

4. Microsoft have provided a rather slick way of doing this. However it does not appear to be widely advertised.

5. From desktop - press windows key

6. On tiles menu and this may include - store applications installed - RIGHT click the tiles you wish to include, a tick check will appear on the top right of the tile

7. From that screen - press ALT + TAB - RELEASE TAB - holding ALT

8. Whilst holding ALT the mouse held on any tile will produce that tile full screen

9. Whilst holding ALT and clicking on that tile, the tile changes to full screen mode, RELEASE ALT

10. From ANY full screen tile, the ALT + TAB may be repeated

11. A restart returns the situation to standard.

It is I thought rather useful and saves the problems of trying some third party software

Edited by Macboatmaster, 17 April 2013 - 03:55 PM.

Advertisements