Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer wont let me download [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
ok thank u....gonna proceed with steps now

Advertisements

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
ok....when i click on the IE icon in start menu....i right click on run as admin and it opens up a window to google....like for me to look something up

Jasmyne

Jasmyne

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,010 posts
Before it opened the window to google did you get the User Account Control box? If so, and you selected yes, then proceed with the ESET scan in the NEW window.

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
no i didnt get anything .....i clicked on run as admin and it opened a new page to google

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
the user acct control box is that small black window thing that u put commands into right? if so...no it didnt

Jasmyne

Jasmyne

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,010 posts
The box should look similar to this one, but with information about Internet Explorer.
Posted Image

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
no...nothing like that came up

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
it opened up a new window.....google searchbar cause thats my default homepage i believe

Jasmyne

Jasmyne

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,010 posts
Close out internet explorer completely, then right-click and choose Run as Administrator. It should open the User Account Control box, select yes, and then it will open IE to your homepage. You will then need to go to ESET to run the scan. :)

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
it doesnt open up the user acct box

Advertisements

Jasmyne

Jasmyne

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,010 posts
Where you getting the UAC box previously when installing new software or on other things that we've run that required you to run as administrator?

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
i dont think so.....or maybe it did.....idk....i dont think it did cause i dont think i had to do anything with a box like that popping up.....the only boxes that came up is that little black screen box that we put commands in.....idk.....i dont think so...i dont remember.......im pretty sure they didnt.......the only other box that came up was when i dwnld something at the bottom of the screen where it says run or save....

Jasmyne

Jasmyne

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,010 posts
Let's check your settings and see if that's why you aren't getting the UAC box.

To open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button Posted Image, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings. It will look like this:
Posted Image

Let me know which setting your computer is on.

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
ok i just looked into the acct user control settings....its on never notify me....shall i change that

GEEgee57

GEEgee57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
right i just figured that out...lol ok what shall i put it on