Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black screen with blinking cursor

• Please log in to reply

Darrknys

Darrknys

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer will not go to windows 7.

After I start up my computer, the Asus screen comes on and then black with a blinking cursor in the top left corner.

I've unplugged everything on the outside and the inside of my computer, from the power cable to the RAM to the power supply and the battery.

I've cleaned it inside and out.

The mother board light is on.

I've tried going into safe mode with F8 but nothing.

I've tried booting my comp from F12 but black screen again with cursor after i try booting.

I can get into Bios, which I have and made everything default.

I've tried using a different keyboard.

Still black screen with a blinking cursor.

Advertisements

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Hi Darrknys!

First off, do you have any idea as to what may have caused this problem. Was there any error coming up before hand or something that happened suddenly like a power outage?

Secondly, do you have the windows CD that should have come with your computer? If so, can you insert that and see what happens when it boots (make sure CD drive is set to first in boot priority in the BIOS)

And lastly, if you can remember, can you please post system specs?