Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection problems around the same time everyday

• Please log in to reply

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I am having problems with my Verizon DSL. My connection seems to have problems during the afternoon hours. Starting around noon to 1PM or so and lasting to around 5 PM. Then for the rest of the time it works like normal. I also have static on my phone lines. I am able to get my connection back temporaraly during these times by powercycling the modem. The DSL light on my modem will stay on but the internet light will go out. I have a DLink Modem. Verizon has already replaced my old modem which had similar problems. Also no device in my house can access the internet when this happens. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Edited by RebelGamer137, 30 June 2013 - 12:32 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If you're hearing static, open a trouble ticket for bad voice service.

AquamanD

AquamanD

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Do you have DSL Filters connected to all the phones in your house?

If you are using a splitter to connect phone and modem the Filter only goes on the phone side and not on the modem.

GaryCooper

GaryCooper

• Pip
  • 4 posts
A major cause can be "No Sync", has do with devices called line filters. Any equipment that are located in your house/premises that connect up to any phone socket at all, need to put plugged into what is called a Line Filter.