Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Blackscreen

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you can change it then boost it to 50% and see if that helps.
I will wait for your results later.

Advertisements

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I have not been doing anything very graphics intensive so I have not gotten to see if it fixed it yet, but what % does a GPU fan normally run at? What is the safest tempature for a GPU?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Under stress anything below 60 to 65 on the temp is good. Under 60 would be terrific.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
lol that's a far cry from what I googled:

http://www.techspot....ratures.169865/

it has been at 57-59C right now, trying to figure that graph editor In afterburner out, it lets you increase the fan speed when it reaches a certain temperature. have you ever used that program?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Under high settings on a game at full screen 85 would be the top.
No I have never used that program.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I have used it before, but not in depth, you should check it out so you can see what I am talking about, I think its meant for overclocking systems but it can be used for stuff like this too.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
well I think the card overheating was the problem, I beefed the fan up to 60 during gameplay and the highest the heat on the card went was 78C. I still don't know how to get it to automatically change the fan usage depending on how hot it gets, so I just use that program and when it starts to get hot I boost the fan Up a little. but ever since I raised it from only 40% fan usage, I have not had a problem, and I have had the computer on gaming for about 4 or 5 hours today. I will let you know if anything changes, but I think that was the culprit. where do you think I should leave the fan speed at that would make it fine all the time so I don't have to manually change it all the time? and if you have not already, I would suggest checking out that program (MSI afterburner)

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Actually disregard what I said above, apparently this computer hates me, as soon as I posted that, the thing blackscreened, but I think it may have been because I had been playing 3 different games for 5 hours then when I left the games to post that I turned down the fan too early and it was still hot. so I will just leave it permanently at like 65% because that's where it seemed most stable. Unless you have anymore suggestions. (though the fan did seem to REALLY help)

Edited by MrPerson, 31 July 2013 - 11:37 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep 65% looks to be a good spot and stable. With 7 fans in my system including a large fan that blows directly on my GPU I never have to worry about a heat issue much. Dust is my issue as I blow out my system every two weeks.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
when I put the other hard drive in there to make sure it was not a hard drive issue, I did not see any dust. maybe I should completely take the GPU out and check under it but I didn't at the time because it is screwed into the case. its funny because in the ebay description it says its a Coolmaster case and in the details it says unparalleled heat conductivity. this is the pc I am talking about if you want the full details and what it looks like on the inside.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

also in that driver max program you gave me, when you go to installed driver list, when you click delete does it delete the driver off your computer or just remove it from the list?

Edited by MrPerson, 01 August 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just removes it from the list once you have it installed.
My system is also a Cool Master case and they do have great air flow.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
same model coolmaster older or newer? wonder why it is having heat troubles if it is designed to be so good at keeping things cool. why do you think the GPU never let itself go past 40% without the program I use? I hope I solved the problem, I used that afterburner program to make it increase fan speed as it gets hotter

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The auto sensing on the fan is a great feature and that should keep the GPU at or below the 85 mark. It never has to go any faster if you are not stressing the GPU.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
That might have been a contributing factor, because even when I was stressing it, it would still never go above 40% I still might run that memory scanner you first recommended to me but do I really have to do each Ram stick individually? things are starting to get busy around here and I don't know if I have time for that, there are 6 ram sticks in the computer

Edited by MrPerson, 01 August 2013 - 01:44 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No you can just do all the memory at one time. If there is a problem then yes you will have to test each stick by itself. I don't honestly think it is a memory issue now that it has been running ok according to you.