Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore to previous date

• Please log in to reply

Bara713

Bara713

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ever since the latest Microsoft Office update was installed on my computer 9-11-13 I have been having many problems. I want to bring my computer back to an earlier date but won't do it. I get the error message OX000ffff when I try. I also cannot remove the update. When I right click on the update no option comes up to uninstall. I really need to get this straightened out. I have googled this and apparently I am not the only one having trouble.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Ever since the latest Microsoft Office update was installed on my computer 9-11-13 I have been having many problems. I want to bring my computer back to an earlier date but won't do it. I get the error message OX000ffff when I try. I also cannot remove the update. When I right click on the update no option comes up to uninstall. I really need to get this straightened out. I have googled this and apparently I am not the only one having trouble.

Hi,

Try to run System Restore from Safe Mode, press F8 during boot to access this screen:
Posted Image

Select Safe Mode.

Bara713

Bara713

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I just tried system restore in safe mode and that was not successful either. :( :(

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

I just tried system restore in safe mode and that was not successful either. :( :(

Hi,

If you boot normally to windows can you create a new Restore Point?