Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer beeps once continuously

• Please log in to reply

YellowRubberDuck

YellowRubberDuck

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi.

The computer was in the process of malware cleaning, link http://www.geekstogo...n/page__st__30#

However, suddenly the computer won't start and gave a continuous beep when I switch it on.

It's a HP Pavilion a1000.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
HP.com > Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

Continuous beeping without pause - Serious system related issue such as CPU overheating

YellowRubberDuck

YellowRubberDuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi.

I took out the memory and put it back again. It stopped beeping.

Now, the computer won't load the bios. The monitor is black screen.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Try clearing the CMOS.

Note if you have the Truckee motherboard: http://h10025.www1.h...001_title_r0001

YellowRubberDuck

YellowRubberDuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Ok, done that but the computer still won't load. No signal display on monitor.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
That's mot good. Sounds like it may be a dead motherboard.

Remove the motherboard from the case and place it on a piece of cardboard (or any other non-conductive surface). Hook up the PSU, CPU (with heatsink and fan), RAM, video and keyboard, (no drives) and then see if you can get into the CMOS/BIOS Setup.

Let us know what happens.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
Hello YellowRubberDuck

Have you checked the video cable for signs of damage such as bent or missing pins in the end connections, are both connections secure (finger tighten only).

Do you have an add on video card or are you using the MBs integrated video port.

If using an add on video card remove it and try the MBs integrated video port.

If you are already using the MBs video port try removing the Ram and powering up the computer, if you get error beeps it suggests that the problem is after the Ram and DIMM slots and unfortunately this is usually the integrated video chip having failed :(

YellowRubberDuck

YellowRubberDuck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Ok, if I remove the RAM and power on the computer, it will give a continuos beep. With everything intact, the process light will blink several times, followed by a beep. Previously, after the beep, there will be sounds of it loading bios and windows. Now, that beep is like a weak beep, like it's out of battery or something.

I may sound stupid but how to remove the motherboard?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
As per my reply #7

Have you checked the video cable for signs of damage such as bent or missing pins in the end connections, are both connections secure (finger tighten only).

Do you have an add on video card or are you using the MBs integrated video port.

If using an add on video card remove it and try the MBs integrated video port.

If you are already using the MBs video port try removing the Ram and powering up the computer, if you get error beeps it suggests that the problem is after the Ram and DIMM slots and unfortunately this is usually the integrated video chip having failed :(

Have you checked out the video cable as described.
Are you using the MBs video port or an add on video card.

With everything intact, the process light will blink several times, followed by a beep. Previously, after the beep, there will be sounds of it loading bios and windows

Possibly the POST beep.

Do you mean the HDD activity LEDs (typically orange in colour).
Can I also ask whether or not you have tried another screen so as to rule out the possibility of the present one being bad.