Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Editing Pauses into Audio

• Please log in to reply

luaranne5

luaranne5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone,
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. This might seem like an odd question, but I'm looking for a program that would insert
a pause every 30 seconds or so into an audio or how (and what program) I could use to do edit this myself if that does not exist. Pretty much I use Dragon Naturally Speaking to dictate transcriptions for my job. Sometimes I'll just type the audio using a foot pedal to pause and stop the sound, other times I'll repeat what I'm hearing on a mic to have Dragon dictate it to give my hands a break while still using the foot pedal to pause and play the audio on my computer. There's an option on the new version of Dragon where you can record your voice on a recorder and then upload it later and have it automatically transcribe (roughly) what you said in the recording. I've tried this and it does work pretty well. What I would like to do is when I'm on the go have the audio file on my ipod and repeat the dictation in to the recorder so I can then later upload it and have it roughly transcribe what I have recorded. I guess mostly for when I'm doing other things where I can multitask and work at the same time while my hands are busy and my computer is not nearby. I had no problem converting the audio to an MP3 to put on my ipod or phone, but what I would like for it to do is pause every few seconds automatically so I can repeat into the recorder what is being said. Kind of like a language audio CD that says something in Spanish, pauses, and gives you time to repeat vocally, I want to edit my audio to do something like this. So when I am dictating on my recorder I don't need to push play and pause myself and things will move along a little faster. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help!

Advertisements