Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unroot help

• Please log in to reply

xppc

xppc

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
i bought a new to me samssung galaxys t959v a few months ago and it was unlocked and rooted running cyanogen mod 9 with andrdoir 4.something.
the other day upon turning it back on it got stuck in the screen and has the little alien dude on it with the screen background coming at you. a friend in another state that is more knowledgeable about cell phone than me said it appears to have been rooted incorrectly and it just caught up with me. he suggested getting help to "unroot" it and then root it correctly. any suggestions on how to do this.

thanks

Edited by xppc, 12 October 2013 - 11:16 AM.

Advertisements

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Hello xppc

Can you get into boot at all? Or is it stuck in the screen? Can you boot into Recovery Mode?

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
it appears to get stuck on that screen but when i tried volume down (and also up) with home and power button somehow i got to cwm based recovery screen. that could have been when i had the usb plugged to my laptop but it failed to recgonize then phone

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Reflash the ROM from Recovery Mode.

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
how do i go about that? i received the phone unlocked and rooted the only thing i did was put in my sim and sd card.

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
See if this helps you. It is a guide for installing a custom ROM for your phone.

http://forum.xda-dev...nstalling_a_ROM

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
thanks.. i will do that tonight and let you know how it goes

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
i started messing around with my phone before i attempted the link you gave me. i got back to the screen that had backup info on it and it allowed me to back up my phone. cwm recovery said there were no files found. it did allow me to do a restore and it did something and then appeared stuck but a screen said it was updating 1 of 81 applications. after that it finished booting and seems to appear as it did when i purchased it. i put in my sim and it appears to be working again with the exception of the camera (it didnt work when i got it either). the app will open but says "unfrortunately, camera has stopped
when you try to take a picture.

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
I still suggest you Reflash the ROM.

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
ok. i will do that this evening and get back to you.

Advertisements

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Hope it works out. :thumbsup:

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
attached is what i accomplished before i gave up for the night (almost 2am my time)

i forgot.. there was a screen i missed and cant find now... it talked about formatting the sd card and installing a gb on it. i will start over (without this link) and see what happens.. i may have missed something on the flashing part looking back at the step by step instructions

Attached Files

Edited by xppc, 27 October 2013 - 03:46 PM.

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
i followed this http://forum.xda-dev...mdall_One-Click to return back to stock. but tried three different programs
(superoneclick and doomlordroot.. which kept freezing) and kingo android root which kept saying it installed on my pc but nothing happened after the installer said it was done.

i tried the first two links here

http://forum.xda-dev...810&postcount=2

the second link claimed to flash but the pop up windows that show under the tutorial for the heimdall one click never came up and after it rebooted my pc did not recgonize the phone as being attached to it

currently the phone is with link one on it. the little pop up screens never appeared also.. to i clicked flash on the larger screen and after reboot it came up to a cwm screen.. i then powered it off and back on. it is showing firmware 2.3.6 kernal version 2.6.35.7-blastoff-v2.5+ build number gingerbread.vuvkj6

do i put cyanogenmod 9 on the sd card and install it? thoughts or suggestions?

will this help? http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1128412

Edited by xppc, 28 October 2013 - 12:43 AM.

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Hello xppc! :)

This is probably what you were looking for. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1730954

Follow the instructions in the link. If you have any questions, ask before you proceed.

Just post back if you have any questions.

xppc

xppc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
on the first three steps.. does the ROM zip need to be in any folder or just on the sd card? do i need to do step 3? what benefit will i get out of step 6?

1. Download the ROM zip file to your SD card
2. Reboot to CWM/TWRP
3. Do a factory reset (only needed if you were not previously running cm9 - herring)
4. Format /system (same as with factory reset, only needed if not previously running cm9 - herring)
5. Flash the ROM using CWM/TWRP
6. (Optional) Flash gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip if you want the Market plus other Google apps.
7. Clear cache and dalvik cache, fixing permissions at this point is a good idea!
8. Reboot to the ROM