Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Trouble

• Please log in to reply

MitchMitch

MitchMitch

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I've been having some problems now with my Sony VAIO SVE11B11M Laptop for quite some time. I'm really not sure if it's a hardware or a software related issue, so I'm really hoping that someone here can help me.

I seem to have quite a few symptoms, which include:

- It struggles to find an internet connection, despite other laptops in my house having no problem doing so. It will NEVER connect to the internet unless it's plugged in (charging), and even then it only works for short periods of time before cutting out.I get a little image of a box with a network cable on the left and a red cross in the lower right hand corner of the box. If I unplug my power cable and plug it back in, it will usually reconnect (again, only for a few minutes).
- If I hold the power cable in slightly (enough for it to recognize as being charged without it being fully plugged in) then the internet will say connected for slightly longer.
- It occasionally crashes with a blue screen (but only when it's plugged in-charging). The first line says "Windows detected a problem and shut down to prevent damage to your computer".
- It will sometimes freeze if I'm using it while plugged in, but it will unfreeze if I pull the power plug out of the machine.
- I frequently get a pop up in the bottom right hand corner of my machine that says "USB Device Not Recognized", despite there being nothing plugged into any of the USB ports.
- Sometimes the wireless light on the laptop will turn itselfoff and I have to keep restarting to get it back on (I have no manual switch on this model).
- Every time I switch on, the VAIO Smart Network will show that the Wireless LAN and WI-FI Direct have automatically been switched off, but if I try to enable them, it doesn't work.

I was wondering if I needed to reinstall the network driver, and if I do need to do that then how would I go about it? I could really use some help with this. Thanks in advance!

(Sorry if this is the wrong section as I'm new here).

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
First and foremost, welcome to Geeks To Go's forums! I hope you stick around after we've assisted you in resolving this issue, as there is a lot of great members and information available on Geeks To Go's site. Please follow these steps in order, do not proceed to the next step until you complete the previous step. Now that the pleasantries have been said, let's take a look at your issue and see what we can do to resolve it!  
STEP ONE: Replies By Line
I will be posting my responses to your lines one by one, then we'll go from there!

- It struggles to find an internet connection, despite other laptops in my house having no problem doing so. It will NEVER connect to the internet unless it's plugged in (charging), and even then it only works for short periods of time before cutting out.I get a little image of a box with a network cable on the left and a red cross in the lower right hand corner of the box. If I unplug my power cable and plug it back in, it will usually reconnect (again, only for a few minutes).

This is a bit of an 'awkward' item. By this I mean it shouldn't be related and is unusual to see, with that being said I have seen this or items close to it before - In which a lot of the time it is a power configuration item or a faulty/damaged motherboard. We'll go through some steps later to look into this and see what we can do!

- If I hold the power cable in slightly (enough for it to recognize as being charged without it being fully plugged in) then the internet will say connected for slightly longer.

This ties into my reply above, though just to clarify... When you put the cable all the way in, is it a snug fit and no issues with charging? Or does it sometimes take a bit of finessing before it starts taking a charge?

- It occasionally crashes with a blue screen (but only when it's plugged in-charging). The first line says "Windows detected a problem and shut down to prevent damage to your computer".

We'll need to get more details as that, which will be covered in STEP TWO.

- It will sometimes freeze if I'm using it while plugged in, but it will unfreeze if I pull the power plug out of the machine.

If you were to pull the plug and put it back in, does it re-lock up?

- I frequently get a pop up in the bottom right hand corner of my machine that says "USB Device Not Recognized", despite there being nothing plugged into any of the USB ports.

This sounds like another issue based on the motherboard, but other devices or USB hubs/ports could be coming up with this. So we'll see after more troubleshooting and diagnosing.

- Sometimes the wireless light on the laptop will turn itselfoff and I have to keep restarting to get it back on (I have no manual switch on this model).

'Keep restarting' - Multiple times or each time it will fix it? Also, do you have a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable it? Have you tried to 'diagnose' your adapter when it stops working or doing a software enable/disable toggle? If yes, what were the results.

- Every time I switch on, the VAIO Smart Network will show that the Wireless LAN and WI-FI Direct have automatically been switched off, but if I try to enable them, it doesn't work.

Well, my personal preferences is to let Windows Wireless Network Adapter software to handle this (Windows Wireless Zero). The '3rd party' controllers seem to fail over on me a lot. STEP TWO: MiniToolBox Intel Gathering
  • At this point and time I'd like you to get the utility MiniToolBox and run it with the following checked items.
    • Flush DNS
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP Configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Devices
    • Only-Problems (leave it checked)
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory Size
  • List Minidump Files

After you've just the above items, please then hit GO. Once it's done running, which normally doesn't take too long, it will have a text or log file pop up. Please copy & paste that into a reply.
STEP THREE: Windows Repair Attempt
  • Please download Windows Repair (AIO - Portable) and go to the 2nd from last tab labeled Start Repairs. Once on this tab, please select the button Start. The warning that pops up can be followed or not, however sometimes running those at this time can be non beneficial or further worsen the issues.

Inside of here, please check all of the following items:
    • Reset Registry Permissions
    • Reset File Permissions
    • Ignore drop down list, just select the parent.
  • Register System Files
  • Repair WMI
  • Repair Windows Firewall
  • Repair Internet Explorer
  • Repair Hosts File
  • Remove Policies Set By Infections
  • Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
  • Remove Temp Files
  • Repair Proxy Settings
  • Repair Windows Updates
  • Repair MSI (Windows Installer)
  • Repair File Associations
  • Restore Important Windows Services
  • Set Windows Services To Default At Start
Once the proper items have been selected, please click on Start. If the program requests you to reboot your machine after running, please allow it to do so. Once you've rebooted please see if your issue persists and post back with the results and any errors/changes you notice. STEP FOUR: System File Check
  • I'd like you to start a System File Check (SFC). This is a built in system tool that Microsoft has for checking the current file systems out and making any necessary repairs. To do this, you will need to open up an Elevated Command Prompt, which you can do by following these easy steps:
  • Open your Start Menu
  • Select All Programs
  • Then select Accessories
  • 'Right Click' on Command Prompt
  • Select Run as administrator from the Context Menu
Now you should see the Command Prompt window open at this time, which I need you to type the exact text found below in the code box hitting your 'ENTER' key after you finish typing it.
SFC /SCANNOW > "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\SFC Results.txt"
This may take a while, so please try not to interrupt it or use the PC as much as possible while it runs. Once it is done, it will go back to the original line of text you saw. At that point, I need you to look on your desktop for the text file named "SFC Results.txt". Please copy and paste that into another reply, in which then we can review.  
I know there is a lot here, which cover some basic grounds but to really be sure whether this is hardware/software we got to look at the core of your software - Windows. Then we can move on from there.

MitchMitch

MitchMitch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi. Thanks for replying. I will the things you suggested now, but I'll answer some of your questions first:

- When I plug the cable in, it is a snug fit and will always charge (so there's no problem with actually charging the machine).
- If I am to pull the plug and plug it back in when it freezes, it doesn't usually freeze again but it may stutter (if I'm watching a video) for a few seconds.
- The Wireless light has got even worse over the past couple of days. It may be on when I switch the machine on, but then it'll just turn off when it fully boots and takes me to my desktop. If I restart it, sometimes it will be on, sometimes it won't and I have to restart it. I'm unsure if there's a keyboard shortcut for it. How would I check that?

I'm just about to download that tool and I'll let you know what it says. Again, thanks for helping me so far!

Edited by MitchMitch, 17 October 2013 - 12:34 PM.

MitchMitch

MitchMitch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Step Two:

MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 13-07-2013
Ran by Foxwell (administrator) on 17-10-2013 at 20:15:08
Running from "C:\Users\Foxwell.Foxwell-VAIO\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller = Local Area Connection (Media disconnected)
Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter = Wireless Network Connection (Media disconnected)
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter = Wireless Network Connection 3 (Media disconnected)

# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4

reset
set global icmpredirects=enabled

popd
# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Foxwell-VAIO
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 3:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 2A-ED-B9-C1-A6-BD
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 08-ED-B9-C1-A6-BD

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-53-ED-25-31-44

Tunnel adapter isatap.{B9F9C04E-D8BF-44D0-8FFB-843A9B01C713}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.home:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter isatap.{86212476-2AF3-4E94-9A00-90B6F4FE4B9D}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Server: UnKnown
Address: 127.0.0.1

Ping request could not find host google.com. Please check the name and try again.
Server: UnKnown
Address: 127.0.0.1

Ping request could not find host yahoo.com. Please check the name and try again.

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
===========================================================================
Interface List
17...2a ed b9 c1 a6 bd ......Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2
14...08 ed b9 c1 a6 bd ......Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
13...54 53 ed 25 31 44 ......Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
20...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
19...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
21...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
15...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

IPv4 Route Table
Active Routes:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
Persistent Routes:
None

IPv6 Route Table
Active Routes:
If Metric Network Destination Gateway
1 306 ::1/128 On-link
1 306 ff00::/8 On-link
Persistent Routes:
None
========================= Winsock entries =====================================

Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NLAapi.dll [52224] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\napinsp.dll [52224] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [65024] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [65024] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 05 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 06 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winrnr.dll [20992] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 07 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wshbth.dll [36352] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 08 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL [145280] (Microsoft Corp.)
Catalog5 09 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL [145280] (Microsoft Corp.)
Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 11 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [232448] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\System32\NLAapi.dll [70656] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\System32\napinsp.dll [68096] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [86016] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [86016] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 05 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 06 C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll [28672] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 07 C:\Windows\System32\wshbth.dll [47104] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 08 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL [171392] (Microsoft Corp.)
x64-Catalog5 09 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL [171392] (Microsoft Corp.)
x64-Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 11 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [326144] (Microsoft Corporation)

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (10/17/2013 08:13:36 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The performance counter name string value in the registry is not formatted correctly. The malformed string is ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the index value to the malformed string while the second and third DWORDs in the Data section contain the last valid index values.

Error: (10/17/2013 07:22:00 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: VCAgent.exe, version: 7.3.0.13120, time stamp: 0x4f27637e
Faulting module name: mscorlib.ni.dll, version: 4.0.30319.1008, time stamp: 0x517a19ee
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000003a2149
Faulting process id: 0x14b4
Faulting application start time: 0xVCAgent.exe0
Faulting application path: VCAgent.exe1
Faulting module path: VCAgent.exe2
Report Id: VCAgent.exe3

Error: (10/17/2013 07:21:59 PM) (Source: .NET Runtime) (User: )
Description: Application: VCAgent.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
Stack:
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Insert(System.__Canon, System.__Canon, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Error: (10/17/2013 07:19:51 PM) (Source: VSS) (User: )
Description: Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

Operation:
Gathering Writer Data

Context:
Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
Writer Name: System Writer
Writer Instance ID: {6f60441f-9ac6-47b4-a351-b44e4be23753}

Error: (10/17/2013 07:18:31 PM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )
Description: //./root/CIMV2SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 990x80041003

Error: (10/17/2013 00:25:17 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: VCAgent.exe, version: 7.3.0.13120, time stamp: 0x4f27637e
Faulting module name: mscorlib.ni.dll, version: 4.0.30319.1008, time stamp: 0x517a19ee
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000003a2149
Faulting process id: 0x14d4
Faulting application start time: 0xVCAgent.exe0
Faulting application path: VCAgent.exe1
Faulting module path: VCAgent.exe2
Report Id: VCAgent.exe3

Error: (10/17/2013 00:25:14 PM) (Source: .NET Runtime) (User: )
Stack:
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Insert(System.__Canon, System.__Canon, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

Error: (10/17/2013 00:17:18 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The performance counter name string value in the registry is not formatted correctly. The malformed string is ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the index value to the malformed string while the second and third DWORDs in the Data section contain the last valid index values.

Error: (10/17/2013 00:13:44 PM) (Source: VSS) (User: )
Description: Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

Operation:
Gathering Writer Data

Context:
Writer Instance ID: {8bd84c6c-2329-4f62-a789-517242397c2b}

Error: (10/17/2013 00:12:20 PM) (Source: WinMgmt) (User: )
Description: //./root/CIMV2SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 990x80041003

System errors:
=============
Error: (10/17/2013 08:12:08 PM) (Source: Disk) (User: )
Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block.

Error: (10/17/2013 07:25:39 PM) (Source: athr) (User: )
Description: Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter : Could not find a network adapter.

Error: (10/17/2013 07:17:03 PM) (Source: EventLog) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 19:13:08 on ?17/?10/?2013 was unexpected.

Error: (10/17/2013 00:15:45 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The VAIO Care Performance Service service hung on starting.

Error: (10/17/2013 00:12:01 PM) (Source: Disk) (User: )

Error: (10/17/2013 08:24:03 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: )
Description: {995C996E-D918-4A8C-A302-45719A6F4EA7}

Error: (10/17/2013 08:23:56 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: )
Description: {078AEF33-C48A-49F7-AFF3-A0EE810BFE7C}

Error: (10/17/2013 00:10:05 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200d: Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2864058).

Error: (10/17/2013 00:00:50 AM) (Source: ACPI) (User: )
Description: IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 0, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Error: (10/17/2013 00:00:50 AM) (Source: ACPI) (User: )
Description: IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 0, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (10/17/2013 08:13:36 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf)(User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????1600000000D23E0000D33E0000600B0000

Error: (10/17/2013 07:22:00 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )
Description: VCAgent.exe7.3.0.131204f27637emscorlib.ni.dll4.0.30319.1008517a19eec000000500000000003a214914b401cecb65bf95078eC:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Care\VCAgent.exeC:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\mscorlib\cb653b6b8da0966098d70da98cba1ef3\mscorlib.ni.dll0326badc-3759-11e3-84ff-ab2ea28827d4

Error: (10/17/2013 07:21:59 PM) (Source: .NET Runtime)(User: )
Stack:

Error: (10/17/2013 07:19:51 PM) (Source: VSS)(User: )
Description: 0x80070005, Access is denied.

Operation:
Gathering Writer Data

Context:
Writer Instance ID: {6f60441f-9ac6-47b4-a351-b44e4be23753}

Error: (10/17/2013 07:18:31 PM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

Error: (10/17/2013 00:25:17 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )
Description: VCAgent.exe7.3.0.131204f27637emscorlib.ni.dll4.0.30319.1008517a19eec000000500000000003a214914d401cecb2b843390a1C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Care\VCAgent.exeC:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\mscorlib\cb653b6b8da0966098d70da98cba1ef3\mscorlib.ni.dllcc25df33-371e-11e3-b539-08edb9c1a6bd

Error: (10/17/2013 00:25:14 PM) (Source: .NET Runtime)(User: )
Stack:

Error: (10/17/2013 00:17:18 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf)(User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????1600000000D23E0000D33E0000600B0000

Error: (10/17/2013 00:13:44 PM) (Source: VSS)(User: )
Description: 0x80070005, Access is denied.

Operation:
Gathering Writer Data

Context:
Writer Instance ID: {8bd84c6c-2329-4f62-a789-517242397c2b}

Error: (10/17/2013 00:12:20 PM) (Source: WinMgmt)(User: )

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

?????? Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
??????? ????????? Windows Live Mesh ActiveX ??? ?????????? ?????????? (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
??????? ?????????? Windows Live Mesh ActiveX ??? ????????? ??????????? (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
???????? ?????????? Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
?????????? Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
??????????? ?? Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
???????????? Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
ACID Music Studio 8.0 (Version: 8.0.178)
ActiveX ???????? ?? Windows Live Mesh ?? ?????????? ?????? (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
ActiveX-kontroll för fjärranslutningar för Windows Live Mesh (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Adobe AIR (Version: 2.7.0.19460)
Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX (Version: 11.8.800.175)
Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin (Version: 11.8.800.168)
Adobe Reader X MUI (Version: 10.0.0)
Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile (Version: 2.2.0.98)
Aloha TriPeaks (Version: 2.2.0.98)
ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects 2 (Version: 2.0.1.161)
ArcSoft WebCam Companion 4 (Version: 4.0.21.457)
Atheros Bluetooth Suite (64) (Version: 7.4.0.120)
BBC iPlayer Desktop (Version: 3.2.8)
Bejeweled 3 (Version: 2.2.0.98)
Bing Bar (Version: 7.0.610.0)
Build-a-lot 2 (Version: 2.2.0.98)
Cake Mania (Version: 2.2.0.98)
CCleaner (Version: 3.27)
Chuzzle Deluxe (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Control ActiveX Windows Live Mesh pentru conexiuni la distan?a (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Contrôle ActiveX Windows Live Mesh pour connexions ŕ distance (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Controlo ActiveX do Windows Live Mesh para Ligaçőes Remotas (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
CyberLink PowerDVD (Version: 9.0.5009.52)
D3DX10 (Version: 15.4.2368.0902)
DVD Architect Studio 5.0 (Version: 5.0.157)
Evernote v. 4.5.2 (Version: 4.5.2.5904)
FDUx86 (Version: 1.0.0)
Fishdom ™ 2 (Version: 2.2.0.98)
Formant ActiveX programu Windows Live Mesh odpowiedzialny za obsluge polaczen zdalnych (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Fotogalerija Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Galeria de Fotografias do Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Galeria fotografii uslugi Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Galerie de photos Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Galerie foto Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Google Chrome (Version: 30.0.1599.69)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.21.153)
Insaniquarium Deluxe (Version: 2.2.0.97)
Intel® Control Center (Version: 1.2.1.1007)
Intel® Management Engine Components (Version: 8.0.2.1410)
Intel® OpenCL CPU Runtime
Intel® Processor Graphics (Version: 8.15.10.2626)
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Version: 11.0.0.1032)
Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver (Version: 1.0.3.214)
Intel® Trusted Connect Service Client (Version: 1.23.605.1)
Java Auto Updater (Version: 2.1.5.1)
Java™ 7 Update 1 (64-bit) (Version: 7.0.10)
Java™ 7 Update 1 (Version: 7.0.10)
Jewel Quest Solitaire 2 (Version: 2.2.0.98)
Junk Mail filter update (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Kontrolnik Windows Live Mesh ActiveX za oddaljene povezave (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
KUx86 (Version: 1.0.0)
Mahjongg Artifacts (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Marvell Miniport Driver (Version: 11.45.4.3)
McAfee Internet Security (Version: 11.6.443)
McAfee Online Backup (Version: 1.16.6.1)
Media Gallery (Version: 2.1.0.13300)
Media Go (Version: 2.0.317)
Mesh Runtime (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Version: 4.0.30319)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (Version: 4.0.30319)
Microsoft Application Error Reporting (Version: 12.0.6015.5000)
Microsoft Office 2010 (Version: 14.0.4763.1000)
Microsoft Silverlight (Version: 5.1.20913.0)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] (Version: 3.1.0000)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.61001)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (Version: 9.0.30729.4148)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 (Version: 10.0.30319)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 (Version: 10.0.30319)
Mozilla Firefox 19.0.2 (x86 en-US) (Version: 19.0.2)
Mozilla Maintenance Service (Version: 19.0.2)
MSVCRT (Version: 15.4.2862.0708)
MSVCRT Redists (Version: 1.0)
MSVCRT_amd64 (Version: 15.4.2862.0708)
MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB2721691) (Version: 4.30.2114.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB2758694) (Version: 4.30.2117.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (Version: 4.30.2100.0)
Mystery of Mortlake Mansion (Version: 2.2.0.98)
Mystery P.I. - The London Caper (Version: 2.2.0.95)
Ovládací prvek ActiveX platformy Windows Live Mesh pro vzdálená pripojení (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Ovládací prvok ActiveX programu Windows Live Mesh pre vzdialené pripojenia (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Paint.NET v3.5.10 (Version: 3.60.0)
Plants vs. Zombies - Game of the Year (Version: 2.2.0.98)
PlayMemories Home (Version: 6.1.01.14210)
PlayStation®Network Downloader (Version: 2.07.00849)
PlayStation®Store (Version: 4.5.15.13232)
Poczta uslugi Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Podstawowe programy Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Polar Bowler (Version: 2.2.0.97)
Pošta Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
PYV_x86 (Version: 1.0.0)
Qualcomm Atheros Direct Connect (Version: 3.1)
Qualcomm Atheros WiFi Driver Installation (Version: 3.0)
Raccolta foto di Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (Version: 6.0.1.6570)
Realtek PCIE Card Reader (Version: 6.1.7601.92)
Remote Keyboard (Version: 1.2.0.09270)
Remote Play with PlayStation®3 (Version: 1.1.0.21090)
S?????? f?t???af??? t?? Windows Live (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Shared C Run-time for x64 (Version: 10.0.0)
Skype™ 5.10 (Version: 5.10.116)
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0 (Version: 10.0.176)
SSLx64 (Version: 1.0.0)
SSLx86 (Version: 1.0.0)
St???e?? e?????? ActiveX t?? Windows Live Mesh ??a ap?µa???sµ??e? s??d?se?? (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver (Version: 15.3.45.0)
The Hidden Object Game Show (Version: 2.2.0.97)
TrackID™ with BRAVIA (Version: 1.2.0.09270)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2468871) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2533523) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2600217) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2836939) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2836939v3) (Version: 3)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2468871) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2533523) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2600217) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2836939) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2836939v3) (Version: 3)
Update Installer for WildTangent Games App
Uzak Baglantilar Için Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Denetimi (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
VAIO - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Runtime 10.0.40219.325 (Version: 1.0.00.01300)
VAIO - PlayMemories Home Plug-in (Version: 2.0.00.14200)
VAIO - Remote Keyboard (Version: 1.2.0.09270)
VAIO - Remote Keyboard with PlayStation®3 (Version: 1.2.0.09210)
VAIO - Remote Play with PlayStation®3 (Version: 1.1.0.21090)
VAIO - TrackID™ with BRAVIA (Version: 1.2.0.09270)
VAIO Care (Version: 7.3.0.14170)
VAIO Control Center (Version: 5.2.1.15070)
VAIO CPU Fan Diagnostic (Version: 1.1.0.09200)
VAIO Data Restore Tool (Version: 1.9.0.13190)
VAIO Easy Connect (Version: 1.1.2.01120)
VAIO Gate (Version: 2.4.1.09230)
VAIO Gate Default (Version: 2.5.2.02090)
VAIO Gesture Control (Version: 1.0.0.12300)
VAIO Improvement (Version: 1.3.0.12280)
VAIO Improvement Validation (Version: 1.0.4.01190)
VAIO Manual (Version: 2.3.0.12300)
VAIO Sample Contents (Version: 1.4.2.09010)
VAIO Smart Network (Version: 3.11.1.15220)
VAIO Transfer Support (Version: 1.7.0.02231)
VAIO Update (Version: 5.7.0.13130)
VAIO Update Merge Module x64 (Version: 5.7.13130)
VCCx64 (Version: 1.0.0)
VCCx86 (Version: 1.0.0)
Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 (Version: 11.0.256)
VHD (Version: 1.0.0)
Virtual Villagers 4 - The Tree of Life (Version: 2.2.0.98)
VIx64 (Version: 1.0.0)
VIx86 (Version: 1.0.0)
VMLx86 (Version: 1.0.0)
VPMx64 (Version: 1.0.0)
VSNx64 (Version: 1.0.0)
VSNx86 (Version: 1.0.0)
VSSTx64 (Version: 1.0.0)
VSSTx86 (Version: 1.0.0)
VU5x64 (Version: 1.0.0)
VU5x86 (Version: 1.0.0)
VWSTx86 (Version: 1.0.0)
WildTangent Games (Version: 1.0.2.5)
WildTangent Games App (Version: 4.0.5.36)
Windows Live Communications Platform (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Essentials (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Essentials (Version: 15.4.3538.0513)
Windows Live Fotogaléria (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Fotogalerie (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Fotogalleri (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Fotograf Galerisi (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Fotótár (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (Version: 7.250.4232.0)
Windows Live Installer (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Language Selector (Version: 15.4.3538.0513)
Windows Live Mail (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Mesh - ActiveX-besturingselement voor externe verbindingen (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Mesh (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Mesh ActiveX control for remote connections (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Mesh ActiveX-kontroll for eksterne tilkoblinger (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Mesh ActiveX-objekt til fjernforbindelser (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Mesh ActiveX-vezérlo távoli kapcsolatokhoz (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Meshin etäyhteyksien ActiveX-komponentti (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Messenger (Version: 15.4.3538.0513)
Windows Live MIME IFilter (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Movie Maker (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Photo Common (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Photo Gallery (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live PIMT Platform (Version: 15.4.3508.1109)
Windows Live Remote Client (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Client Resources (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Service (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Service Resources (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live SOXE (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live SOXE Definitions (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Temel Parçalar (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live UX Platform (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack (Version: 15.4.3508.1109)
Windows Live Writer (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Writer Resources (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Liven asennustyökalu (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Liven sähköposti (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Liven valokuvavalikoima (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
WinRAR 4.20 (32-bit) (Version: 4.20.0)

========================= Devices: ================================

Name: Microsoft Connectivity Platform Adapter
Description: Microsoft Connectivity Platform Adapter
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Service: tunnel
Problem: : This device cannot start. (Code10)
Resolution: Device failed to start. Click "Update Driver" to update the drivers for this device.
On the "General Properties" tab of the device, click "Troubleshoot" to start the troubleshooting wizard.

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 25%
Total physical RAM: 3996.36 MB
Available physical RAM: 2979.07 MB
Total Pagefile: 7990.9 MB
Available Pagefile: 5957.57 MB
Total Virtual: 4095.88 MB
Available Virtual: 3968.29 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:677.64 GB) (Free:60.63 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: (CALIFORNICATION_SEASON_4_DISC_1) (CDROM) (Total:6.94 GB) (Free:0 GB) UDF

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\FOXWELL-VAIO

Administrator Foxwell Guest

========================= Minidump Files ==================================

No minidump file found

**** End of log ****

MitchMitch

MitchMitch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have completed Step three, but it doesn't seem to have done anything at all.

I also want to add that if I go to device manager, under the Network adapters heading there is only one ooption, which is "Microsoft Connectivity Platform Adapter", and under properties it says "this device cannot start. (Code 10).

Edited by MitchMitch, 17 October 2013 - 02:20 PM.

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Well lets start with some immediate concerns...

Error: (10/17/2013 08:12:08 PM) (Source: Disk) (User: )

Error: (10/17/2013 07:25:39 PM) (Source: athr) (User: )
Description: Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter : Could not find a network adapter.

This indicates issues with the driver/hardware of your computer.

STEP FIVE: Check DiskWhat I'd like you to do is to run a Check Disk on your C:\ drive. To do this open a elevated command prompt and type the following code in.
ChkDsk C: /f /r

This will require you to agree to a prompt to run at next boot. Please reboot at this time.STEP SIX: Windows Repair
  • Please download Windows Repair (AIO - Portable) and go to the 2nd from last tab labeled Start Repairs. Once on this tab, please select the button Start. The warning that pops up can be followed or not, however sometimes running those at this time can be non beneficial or further worsen the issues.

Inside of here, please check all of the following items:
    • Reset Registry Permissions
    • Reset File Permissions
  • Register System Files
  • Repair WMI
  • Repair Windows Firewall
  • Repair Internet Explorer
  • Repair Hosts File
  • Remove Policies Set By Infections
  • Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
  • Remove Temp Files
  • Repair Proxy Settings
  • Repair Windows Updates
  • Repair Volume Shadow Copy Service
  • Repair MSI (Windows Installer)
  • Repair File Associations
  • Repair Windows Safe Mode
  • Restore Important Windows Services
  • Set Windows Services To Default At Start
Once the proper items have been selected, please click on Start. If the program requests you to reboot your machine after running, please allow it to do so. Once you've rebooted please see if your issue persists and post back with the results and any errors/changes you notice.

MitchMitch

MitchMitch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've done those things, there doesn't seem to be any changes.