Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop files missing, XPCOM error & more

• Please log in to reply

blondie53185

blondie53185

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Hello:

My problem began with receiving an error in Quickbooks that investigation, instructed me to roll back my version of Internet Explorer. I did this by uninstalling the latest Windows IE update. This did not fix my Quickbooks error message. This also caused 1/2 the icons on my desktop to disappear, including file folders, program shortcuts. I used the system roll back feature to restore my computer to just before I uninstalled the Windows IE update. This did not fix the problem. Now, when I attempted to start Firefox, I received an error regarding XPCOM. I've run Malware AntiMalware program and received no infections.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (SP2) on a Dell Studiio 1737. I have attached my OTL.txt file here after clicking just the Run Scan button. Can anyone advise?? Thanks!

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   165.6KB   77 downloads

Advertisements

blondie53185

blondie53185

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
This issue is killing me! Carbonite does not show any of the files I am missing. If anyone can help to recovery from this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.