Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resetting Internet Explorer 10

• Please log in to reply

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi ridethewave,

I'd like to try something.

Would you be willing to uninstall Adobe reader from your Programs an features list.
==> Click > Start > Control Panel > Programs & Features. From the list remove:
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.05) (Version: 11.0.05)

Then run IE and see how it is.

If that does not fix it:

Then

Reinstall (Adobe Reader XI) from Here. un-check any pre- checked software before you download (Adobe Reader), usually McAfee scanner tries to ride along.

Thanks
Joe :)

Edited by zep516, 29 November 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
The problem still persist.

Chris

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
OK,

The last thing I can think of is possible Java issue, so I'm going to give you some instructions for that. Basically cleaning up Java.

Special note on Java. Old Java versions should be removed after first clearing the Java Cache by following the instructions in:
http://www.java.com/...lugin_cache.xml

Then remove the old versions by going to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall all Java programs which are not Java Version 7 update 25 or better. These may call themselves: Java Runtime, Runtime Environment, Runtime, JRE, Java Virtual Machine, Virtual Machine, Java VM, JVM, VM, J2RE, J2SE. Get the latest version from Java.com. They will usually attempt to foist some garbage like the Ask toolbar, Yahoo toolbar or McAfee Security Scan on you as part of the download. Just uncheck the garbage before the download (or install) starts. If you use a 64-bit browser and want the 64-bit version of Java you need to use it to visit java.com.

Due to multiple security problems with Java we are now recommending that it not be installed unless you absolutely know you need it. If that is the case then you should go in to Control panels, Java, Security and set the slider to the highest level.

If does not work we need to move to debugging atmosphere as shown http://www.techsuppo...es-513834.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Here

That's going to be beyond my expertise & knowledge though.

So just remove old versions of Java, or remove it all completely and see what that does.

Thanks

Edited by zep516, 29 November 2013 - 05:01 PM.

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Hi Joe, I started by removing Java extras except Java Version 7 update 25 and the problem continued. Then I removed everything Java, and it work better and longer. But then the problem started up again. But still I'm able to get on the internet for two to three hours without it freezing up. I want to thank you for all your help and time. I'm going to try the debugging area next. You have been a big help.

Chris

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
You're welcome Chris :)

The debugging is out of my territory for now, just don't have the experience yet....

Thanks

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Hi Joe,
I reset IE 11 and that solved the freezing problem. I didn't lose my settings either, there is a option that can be selected that keeps yours setting while resetting IE 11.

Chris

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Thank you very much for that Chris, you can start helping people now :)

I was always under the impression that all your personal settings were erased.

Joe