Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EDID

• Please log in to reply

osooo

osooo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I think i broke my monitor's EDID. I was planning to give my old monitor which is a 15" mitsubishi that has a max resolution of 1024x768 to a friend so i tried to test it first if it still is working before giving it to him. Currently my monitor is a chimei 19" CMV 938D monitor running on 1440x900 resolution with an aspect ration of 6:10. I unplugged my chimei monitor's VGA cable then plugged it into my old mitsubishi monitor while the computer was turned on. There was a notification on my old mitsubishi monitor saying "out of range", i remembered that was just because its max supported resolution was 1024x768, but it is displaying my chimei's monitor resolution 1440x900. After finding out that my old mitsubishi monitor it is still working, i returned the VGA cable to my chimei monitor. It was working fine until i restarted my PC. The desktop resolution changed to 1024x768, the recommended resolution from windows 7 was gone, and it was detected as generic non-pnp monitor. I did a little research and it all lead me to a corrupted EDID. My problem was i don't know anyone who has the same monitor that i have to extract EDID. I was hoping someone here has the same monitor Chimei 19" CMV 938D. Or someone here who could make me a custom EDID. A billion thanks to anyone who would try to help.

My OS is windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Graphics card is 9800 GT

Advertisements