Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System file sent to virus total

• Please log in to reply

nolacs22

nolacs22

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I accidently sent a system file to virus total, and when it was done the file was on my desktop! I have never used virus total before, and i did NOT know how to put it back, or if i was even supposed to. I know it is a Windows installer file named thumbs.db. Virus total says MAGIC LITERAL-CDF doc corrupt can't read, TAGS-msi, root entry. I then did a system restore back to before i sent the file everything was fine, but the file was still on my desktop. I then ran sfc/scannow it said no integrity violations found. I then ran DISM.exe first part scanhealth, and it said no corruption found in the component store. So can i safely delete thumbs.db from my desktop?

HP pavilion g6-2225nr
Win 8 X64 V6.2.9 IE 10
NIS 2014
:help:

Advertisements

nolacs22

nolacs22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
This has been resolved :thumbsup: