Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I add enough space to my C drive?

• Please log in to reply

Cliff12615

Cliff12615

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have installed an internal hard drive that has been divided into four partitions, C drive (100GB), D drive (80GB), E drive (70GB) and F drive (70 GB). They all work really well all the time. But, yesterday, I received a pop-up saying that my C drive was running out pout space and asked me to extend it. But, I don’t know how to extend it. Do you know any solution for me? Please, help me, thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
You can try to merge partitions solution.

Here is a link on how to merge partitions (using their program).

http://www.partition...e-partition.htm

You can use another program if you choose but the logic to how still stays pretty much the same.

Hope that helps

Todd Evans

Todd Evans

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Also if you have no specific need for all the partitions (I really can't think of any good ones personally) then you may want to consider deleting the other ones and extending to the full drive capacity or you will probably end up running into the same problem again.