Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer shutting down by itself [Closed] [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
How long you watch the said programs such as online TV shows? Did you recently add new hardwares or clean them?

Advertisements

ckb0118

ckb0118

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Maybe Average about 15 minutes? All of the times Varied, Even just to 30 seconds. No no hardware installation or driver changes/upgrades.

ckb0118

ckb0118

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Should I run otl again? Not in safe mode?

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Sorry for the delay. I had to attend some personal issues. No need to run OTL again. When was the last time you cleaned your PC?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

ckb0118

ckb0118

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hello again, I cleaned out ( dusted) the inside over the weekend. It wasn't too bad in there. However it has still been turning off at random. The last time, it made a weird clicking sound when it turned off, the same sound it made a year and a half ago when the hard drive failed.

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
The issue you are having is hardware related. Please create a new thread here. Perusing your logs, I see no infection currently present in your system. The machine appears to be Malware-free as we speak.

♣ Removal of Tools and Quarantined Files ♣

Despite the tools we have used are clean, they are powerful removal tools and made in a way so that they carry out any commands given to them without (most cases) asking for a confirmation. In the hands of an inept person, they can make the machine un-bootable -- a scenario we do not wish to see. Also, we need to remove the quarantined files/folders from your system as a dormant malware can be as bad as an active one if given the proper environment. I shall now give you the guidelines to remove the tools and the quarantined files from your system.
  • Cleanup with Delfix
    Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.
    Download Link
    • Double-click to run the program;
      • Note: Windows Vista/7/8 users right-click and choose Run as administrator
    • Make sure that all the boxes are checked;
    • Click Run;
    • A log will be opened after the operation is finished;
    • Copy and Paste it in your next reply

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.