Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need a new desk

• Please log in to reply

codingideas

codingideas

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hello,

I hope all is well. Basically Im looking for advice. I am moving and I built a custom desk for a space here. Now I I spent well over $1500 just on the wood here. I'm talking with my carpenter to reuse the wood here - and maybe go for another layout. I'll let you look at my current desk: 

my%20desk.jpg

I have a few goals:

I want it to be able to fit the three screens comfortable. 

I really don't find myself using the top TV I have there on top as much as I thought I would so maybe that can be placed somewhere else.

I need something modular. I don't want to build another desk thats fit for the space.

I don't really need all the space I have on top. I don't mind building a book shelf. 

What Im looking for is maybe some comfortable desks that could fit three screens.. something that can be taken apart for moves later.. Money is not really a issue so if you show me something thats neat - that can comfortably fit the equipment I have. What you don't see there is the server I have. HP gen8. I don't know. I'm moving so I need to think of something quick so I can show my carpenter.. and he can take my desk and fabricate it. 

What desks/layout have you seen/have that could work?

Joseph

Advertisements

FarzRocks

FarzRocks

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Im way off topic , but I love how your Juice cans are lined up lol :)

codingideas

codingideas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Im way off topic , but I love how your Juice cans are lined up lol :)

hehe, not on purpose. ;)

Lemurian

Lemurian

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

If the room does allow this, I'd make left side longer to have more freedom with laptop and other stuff like appliances, books etc. So, like to turn your chair 90 degree left from your main monitors