Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Radeon 9200 SE shows 0x

• Please log in to reply

mrwonka

mrwonka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hey I tried the drivercleaner and after having trouble booting I eventually got through it and installed a different video driver. I don't have all of the nifty options with Fast Write and AGP, but after running 3dMark03, it said that 4x was enabled. I am happy with this and will stick with it until I find enough money to get a new card. Thanks a bunch for your help and good luck with WoW.

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
hey, glad to hear you got it going. thanx for posting with the update, we like to know how things turn out.

perhaps I will run into you in the game...I had to buy it today, since my 10 day guest pass is expiring. now I own it, I am truly doomed.

rellimasta

rellimasta

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I AM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!! my card refuses to run in 4x/8x when i set it to it in smartgart properties. I am using a 9600XT 256MB help uSSSS!!!

Level 60 NE warrior :tazz:

mrwonka

mrwonka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hey guys,

I got my card working!!!! I thought we had exhausted all options, but there was one that slipped by.

I had downloaded every new driver I could find on ASUS, ATI and windows. However, after taking my computer to a friends house he went to 3dguru, there he downloaded the newest nForce drivers and Voila! instant 8x with Fast Write!!!!

Here is the file download site:

3dGuru

So, rellimasta if you have newer ASUS mobo with nForce chipset go for it or else find the newest drivers for your mobo's chipset.

Thanks again for your help AudioBoy.

It's now time to play WoW and see the speed...Now Lvl 42 Human Warlock.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
glad to hear its working, even if you are alliance... :tazz:

rellimasta

rellimasta

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I went to that website got my updated VIA drivers, I even saw an AGP driver so I got that and installed it. Still running in 0x will not lemme change it.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
urg...alliance with video problems = dead alliance in pvp...
good for the horde, which I like. bad for computer user, which I dont like...
what to do, what to do....

alright rellimasta, gimme the specs on your system- mobo make/model, video card, etc. lets see if we cant sort this out.

rellimasta

rellimasta

• Pip
  • 6 posts
2.4Ghz intel pentium - 1gb ddr400 ram - windows xp professional - Soyo motherboard SY-P4VTP - ATI RADEON 9600XT 256mb DDR 128 Bit and I think thats it.

Much <3 to teh horde

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
alright, it looks like your board is using a different version of nvidia drivers, based on a different chipset than mrwonka. if you go to the soyo page for your motherboard, the downloads section includes the hyperion 4in1 driver set. grab the correct one, and give that a try.
you might also want to look at updating the BIOS, though dont rush to do that if you dont know how. looks like they posted instructions, but I didnt check them, will do so if needed.
after installing the newest chipset drivers for the mobo, if it hasnt fixed the problem, I would suggest uninstalling the video drivers (catalyst), rebooting, and re-installing those, making sure you have the latest catalyst pack to install.

im still newbie to the game, so please explain what the "<3" means!

and please, leave XR alone... :tazz:

rellimasta

rellimasta

• Pip
  • 6 posts
It didn't work i did all that you listed, except the bios update.

<3 is a heart which means love :tazz:

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
hmmm, its not cooperating. has this problem always been the case (and for how long), or is it something recent? did you change the video card recently, or anything else (hardware or software)?
if this is a new build, please mention that as well. do you have a restore CD for windows, or an install disc? (might want to try a repair install of windows, but would like answers to above questions before deciding on that).

ill post these now for reference, since they are in front of me now....
drivercleaner is great for cleaning out sticky bits of old video drivers, etc.

atitool is a great tweak program for ati cards.

just getting them in here, in case we need to refer to them later. answer above questions, and we can figure out next course of action.

ah, I see the heart now...thanx!

rellimasta

rellimasta

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes, It has always been the case its a new build. custom computer so no restore cd or anything just the regular windows xp cd

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
ok, new build, thats what I like to hear. if you havent loaded a ton of stuff onto it already, then its fairly easy to redo some basic installs and not worry about losing a lot, if anything.
Im thinking flash the bios to the latest. if that doesnt clear things up, do a repair install of windows, and load the latest mobo drivers immediately after, then get the windows updates, etc.

heres how I would suggest doing that. download the latest drivers for mobo, video, anything else you need to install. have them all on the system, ready to be installed. do the windows repair, load the mobo drivers, then the video drivers. then load any antivirus or firewall you have, and go online to get windows updates.

it is a big hassle and chunk of time, but its good to get things working now before you get a lot of stuff on the system.

let me know what you think, if you have any questions, etc.

rellimasta

rellimasta

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Alright ill try it all asap thursday and get back to you about it thursday night, thank you for your help :tazz:

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

that game is totally addicting. its trashed my sleep schedule, kept me from doing my dishes etc. oh but its fun!

I know it's unrelated to the topic, but I have the same problem with CoH. If I could afford it, I'd be playing both, but I had too much time dedicated into CoH when WoW came out, and I didn't want to waste it all by switching...