I don't want to have to enter any password to start using the PC. How can I opt out of that opening screen?Thanks. ..batpark
Can I eliminate the initial sign-in screen on Win8?
Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:42 PM
If you don't want login screen to come up before using the PC, you can disable it by following the below steps.
- From the Start screen, type netplwiz. The command for netplwiz, for User Accounts Control Panel, appears in the search results in the left pane. Click that command.
- In the User Accounts Control Panel, select the account you wish to use to log in automatically.
- Click off the check-box above the account that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." Click OK.
- Enter your password once and then a second time to confirm it. Click OK.
- Restart Windows. Windows now bypasses the lock screen and the log-in screen to automatically take you to the Start screen.
- If you wish to re-enable the log-in screen, return to the User Accounts Control Panel and click on the check-box for the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users