Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Access 2010 database Runtime error

• Please log in to reply

RickMath

RickMath

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Problem with Access 2010 database Runtime error

I do not know if this is the right place to post this.

I am having a problem with my access data base.It was created in access 2003-2007. I am running Windows 7 and Office 2010.

Everthing worked fine two weeks ago and now I am getting a runtime error in my code for updating a user search drop down box.

The error is Runtime 429 Activex component can't create object. Here is part of the code in the after update module.

This was created years ago in Windows XP. I have removed Office 2010 and reinstalled it. No Luck. I have tried regsvr dao360.dll and supposedly the file was restored.

The code is below.

Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset

Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset THIS IS WHERE I GET THE ERROR.

I hope someone can advise me.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

Advertisements

RickMath

RickMath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I just tried to run the database on another computer that has Windows XP and Access 2010 and it worked fine. So it may be a Windows 7 problem on this computer.

How can I resolve this?? Do I need to post in the W 7 forum?

Thanks

Rick

RickMath

RickMath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I had a problem with the OSK that was resolved by deleting an upgrade. When I deleted the upgrade all went well. Could this be a similar problem?

It happened after several updates from Microsoft.

Please advise

Rick

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts

You're trying to load Office 3003 components with Office 2010. Try this

Download and install Office 2003 Add-in: Office Web Components from http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=22276

RickMath

RickMath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Thanks for your reponse Teacher. I will try this. Is there a way to convert the database to Access 2010?

Rick

RickMath

RickMath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I tired this and it did not work to solve the problem. It appears that this is for viewing on the web. I am running the databae locally.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Did you see this?

"ActiveX component can't create object" error message when you run code that calls the Common Dialog Control (Comdlg32.ocx)

RickMath

RickMath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I am not sure that this applies. I developed the database one computer. Transferred it to another computer and it works fine. Both computer are running XP. I am try to get the database to run on a new Windows 7 notebook.

I can send more detailed information about the error if that would help.

Thanks for your reply. Please stick with me as this has been frustrating me for days. I tried to ask the questions in the Microsoft Community and so far no reasonable result.

Rick

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts

Access 2003/ 2007 may not be compatible with 2010

http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

RickMath

RickMath

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I have given up on using ADODB objects. I have begun converting all my code to DAO. So far with a few changes everything is working well.

There have been many suggestions here and on another forum. Thanks to everyone for you inputs.

For future reference I will be happy to share my changes.

This tread may be closed.

Thanks everyone! :yeah: