Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba laptop won't go past login screen (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,790 posts

The latest patch Tuesday when Microsoft releases updates was yesterday so hopefully an earlier restore point will sort it, if it does try installing the updates one at a time to see if it points towards one that caused the issue, it might be an older update that has tried to reinstall itself again etc.

Advertisements

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I restored it from a restore point from the 10th of the month. It says that it has been completed but there is still a black screen. Going to try an earlier point and see if that works

Edit: weird. When I pulled up the task manager it had to processes named one point and when I stopped them the black screen went away and my computer booted up

Edited by Dbz2004, 11 February 2015 - 11:49 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,790 posts

Is the computer now ok and a new restore point been created.

Dbz2004

Dbz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

my computer automatically made a restore point when it did another update and i restarted it and it again came up with a black screen until i ended the runonce.exe processes. is there anyway for me to disable that?

Attached Thumbnails

• computer_screenshot.png

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,790 posts

Click on Start, type msconfig in the search field then press Enter, disable runonce.exe there and then test.

As always create a new restore point first.