Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard stopped working

• Please log in to reply

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

My aunt's computer is infected (I'm sure), because Avast disappeared from her system, and it wouldn't let me download it.  Also, it won't let me download SuperAntiSpyware definitions to run a current scan.  Her keyboard suddenly stopped working, so I told her to try another keyboard.  It won't work either.  I downloaded Avast and SuperAntiSpyware onto a disk and goig to try and go out tomorrow to see if I can install on her computer.  But is there anything she can do in the meantime to get her keyboard working?

Advertisements

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Okay, I finally got the keyboard to working, but I have another problem.  First, the problem with the keyboard had to do with something called "Sticky fingers, or sticky notes, etc.".  Can't remember the name of the program, but it put a little icon in the Taskbar.  I can't exit out of it.  I just went into it and played around with some of the settings to get the keyboard to work.  If anyone could tell me how to exit out of it and how this happens, I would appreciate it greatly.

Also, now the Companion Search Box comes up empty when I go to search something in the computer.  How do I get this back?

If this is in the wrong category, please let me know which category to place it in and how.

Thank you!