Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse movement causing lag issues

• Please log in to reply

thelibrarian2003

thelibrarian2003

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Pleased to see it isn't just me.  Another computer illiterate here...  I have a Packard Bell with Windows 8.1, and the mouse is gipping and dragging, and making horrid buzzing noises, and bringing the computer to near standstill, when playing video or games.  I did do a System Restore after last week's big update and everything reverted to normal, but then the download re-downloaded, and it's back to awful.  In view of the above from Avonien, I won't switch off automatic updates, and will try to wait patiently until a fix is forthcoming.  *Sigh*.

Edited to add:  Yesterday I did get a warning message from Realtek Audio Manager that I had plugged a device into it, when I'd done nothing of the sort.

Edited by thelibrarian2003, 16 March 2015 - 08:07 AM.

Advertisements

Avonien

Avonien

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey Librarian,

This is the temporary fix and it so far has worked on every single unit with the problem (1000s of units tested):

Windows + R
Type in "msconfig"
Go to "Services"
Find "Intel ® Technology Access Service"
Untick the box to disable service
Apply
Ok
Restart Pc

thelibrarian2003

thelibrarian2003

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey Avonien

Well, that was a stroll through bits of the computer I didn't know existed!  And it certainly seems to have done the trick - *thank you*!

So, I keep an eye out here to see if there's been a fix, and then undo that change? (Not sure what the Technology Access Service actually does)

Thank you again for returning my computer to me!

RogerMan

RogerMan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

But, going back to one of original questions, what is the purpose of the program "Intel Technology Access"?  There must be some reason it is there!

Avonien

Avonien

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi Roger,

It is a driver for internet (usb-ethernet) so it might affect the performance of internet over usb in some rare cases, but since it is a temporary solution it should not be a large problem for most of the people. I will keep you updated while I am working and from what I've been testing so far it seems like I could get a permanent solution done for tomorrow.

Edited by Avonien, 16 March 2015 - 09:04 AM.

Gullaffe

Gullaffe

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I don't know how, but today it somehow fixed itself it seems. I haven't had any problems for the whole day. Did this happen to anyone else?

thelibrarian2003

thelibrarian2003

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Yesterday, an Acer critical update for the start menu came through.  I'd done the temporary fix that Avonien gave us, so with fingers very crossed, I undid it and yes, all was well!  So, it seems to be Acer that have issued the fix...

Avonien

Avonien

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes Indeed there has been a update to fix the issue for users who had not yet done the temporary fix from our part, so if you wish, you are able to revert the changes done in the temporary fix - though not doing so does not affect the performance of your pc.

Pete-

Pete-

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I've had no issues since turning off the ITA and i've put auto update back on and everything is working.  Problem solved so thanks for the help.

Pete

thelibrarian2003

thelibrarian2003

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Thank you, Avonien, for your help with this.  I was ready to throw the thing out of the window... :~))

Advertisements

Avonien

Avonien

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Heh, no problem guys. If you happen to need some assistance in the future I can be found on linus tech tips forums with the same name and you can pm me since I will be checking the forums during work hours.

thelibrarian2003

thelibrarian2003

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I've made a note, Avonien!  :~))