Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help please, blue screen random shutdown (tcpip.sys problem, also a WH

• Please log in to reply

teh12man

teh12man

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Can anyone help with my dilemma? A few weeks ago, my computer started getting the BSOD (blue screen of death) and crashing, and in the small window of time I have to read the error message before the computer shuts down completely, it says something about Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (tcpip.sys).... I have downloaded bluescreenviewer along with slimcleaner, also whocrashed. In hopes of fixing this problem ( as the links on google led me to posts saying these have helped fix the problem.) I also get, although not as often, a blue screen that reads WHEA_UNCORRRECTABLE ERROR I have not gotten that one in a while. Thank you for your help.

-Miles

Attached Files

Advertisements

teh12man

teh12man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

From Whocrashed, the analization reads : 

On Mon 3/23/2015 11:02:26 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x45308)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xA, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8009A6C5308)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Caliburn

Caliburn

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Try updating your drivers, and see if that helps in any way. Otherwise, it would probably be best to do a system restore/rollback.

• Go into your Search menu
  • Type in "System Restore"
  • It will display a window saying "Starting System restore", wait for this notice to go away, and then a new window should pop up.]
  • Click Next
  • You'll see a list of possible System Restore points, click the one that was closest before the problem started.
  • If it's not listed, try checking "Show more restore points".
  • Click "Finish". It should then restart.

Tell me if this works, or not. Note: You will not lose any documents, you will simply lose recent application/driver/hardware changes. You may be prompted to update your system upon next bootup.