Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wifi icon not showing up on system tray

• Please log in to reply

Paperv

Paperv

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok, Thank you guys in advanced before I start.

So for some odd reason today on one of my laptops my wifi seems to not be working. Usually I like to go and look at my wifi signal to see what Im connected to as soon as I boot m computer. Well this time I started it up and the wifi system icon will not show up. Of course I go to customize to see if its disabled and if I can enable it. Well the option doesn't even show up. I restarted the computer and even used system restore nothing seems to work. I ran a wireless network troubleshoot and it says the problem cant be resolved. Im on one of my other laptops because I cant access the internet on the laptop.

So can anyone help me at all? Im new to this forum I think but I do have FRST so if anybody has an idea please let me know. I will provide all the information I can if you tell me what i need to get.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Open your device manager, uninstall your wireless driver. Reboot your machine..... or if that fails....

Download the Net Adapter Repair All In One Please use this direct link

Save the application to your desktop,  right click and run as administrator.

Note: Your ethernet cable must be plugged in during this process!!

Click the Advanced repair.

sWXKRBM.png

• Click OK at the prompt to continue.
  • The program will need to reboot your machine, allow it to do so.
  • Check your issue.
  • If the issue still persist re-open (as administrator) the tool, check all boxes in the picture below.

rgoQl1n.png

Click Run All Selected.

Any prompts like the one below, select All Network Adapters.

LeQsE0q.png

Once you are prompted to restart the do so.

tuD0mCA.png

Check your issue. report back.