Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Application development

• Please log in to reply

Sagg

Sagg

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum.

I want to develop a new software/application with backend database (That will be taken from excel/csv) and front end will contain few fields and reports are to be generated based on the backend data.

Could you please help, which database (Oracle/SQL/MySQL) should I go for and which tool/language should I use for frond end (should be easy to develop)

Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Sagg

Sagg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

if you are planning to take data from excel then you can use VB 6.5 in front End and the Excel will work as a database.However if you want to choose any other language then there are several languages with their supporting data bases and as per OS platform. So, the most successful app development language is java and you can Oracle/Mysql.

Thanks Peter for your input.

I am not planning to use excel as Database, but yes the raw data will be in excel and will be imported to main/app database to process it further.

To start with Java what is the best source to start with or learn as I am new to Java. Can we develop desktop based application in Java, along with GUI.

The idea is to develop a desktop based application and create an exe and provide the same to client to use on his/her desktop. Need a specific feature that application, application should expire/get removed from client's system after specific time period (say a month or so).

Thanks!

Steve Works

Steve Works

• Pip
  • 2 posts

There are quite a few tutorials online.

But take about 6 months until you expect to see results.

Steve Works

Awenthomas6

Awenthomas6

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

From my knowledge, ASP.Net is the best platform for developing web application. You can use any database with this platform like SQLExpress, SQL Server Compact Edition or SQLLite.

Thanks!!

Edited by Awenthomas6, 16 December 2015 - 10:18 PM.