Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Making/building MS Server/service

• Please log in to reply

Helger

Helger

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Hi

I am looking for ideas or an idea for Microsoft Server 2012. I need to make a service or server in MS server 2012

It's a school project and we need to build something in MS server. I would need to make a service or server that would fix a problem or solve it. I thought about making server , that would turn off computer/computers at some time like midnight 00.00, while giving notice about it first and then turning computers off,not in sleep mode. But i don't know, witch service roll would do that and how would i manage it. Don't have that much experience with MS server manager.

Edited by Helger, 18 June 2015 - 08:29 AM.

Advertisements

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello Helger,

Server 2012 is capable of a lot of stuff.  Does your server/service have to be complex?  It's very easy to set up DHCP, DNS, etc.

If you want something a little different, perhaps a NAP server (LINK HERE) would be to your liking.  Check out THIS LINK to see Microsoft's explanation of all the roles/features.

Good luck! 

Edited by Fusionbomb, 22 June 2015 - 07:30 AM.