Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Files encrypted by Cryptowall

Cryptowall 3.0

• Please log in to reply

tb123

tb123

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My files have been encrypted and I cannot access them. No back ups are available. Has anyone had any success in getting their files back?

Attached Files

Advertisements

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

For the most part there is little that can be done with any of these Ransomware products. Recently there was a bit of a break though. Have a look here. But, this is far from a sure thing.

I would be happy to help you to the extent I can, but for the most part we are in uncharted water and you must be careful of not spreading the infection to other machines. That said, there is little to lose by trying the decryption techniques in the link above. Worst case is you have to formant and reinstall the OS and lose your data. However, you're at the point anyway, so I'd try the above techniques.  

For your other machines and for others reading this, please use  CryptoMonitor or CryptoPrevent to protect your machine and prevent future occurrences.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Is there anything else I can do for you? Questions I can answer?