Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank screen when i power on my laptop. Pls. Help!

• Please log in to reply

mooch36910

mooch36910

• Pip
  • 3 posts

hi im new here i just wanna know if someone can help me with my laptop, my laptop is HPG60-235ca, i install a windows 8 in my laptop it runs perfectly fine then theres a time for a software update. i  accidentally tripped the ac adaptor then the laptop turns off i try to open it it just saying boot disk error i try  to troubleshoot myself it didn't work, then when i try to memory test it works after that when i try to do the hard disk test half way of the test the laptop shutsdown, Everytime i turn on the laptop its always black screen i cant see anything i did a lot of test already but still dont work pls help me.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello mooch36910   :welcome:

i install a windows 8 in my laptop it runs perfectly fine then theres a time for a software update. 

which software you update? Before Update of that software any issue there?

i  accidentally tripped the ac adaptor then the laptop turns off i try to open it it just saying boot disk error i try  to troubleshoot myself it didn't work

Did your laptop running directly with adapter and no battery inside? What trouble shooting techniques you done?

when i try to memory test it works after that when i try to do the hard disk test half way of the test the laptop shutsdown, Everytime i turn on the laptop its always black screen i cant see anything i did a lot of test already but still dont work pls help me.

Did you run Memtest? For hard disk what test you did? Did your laptop running but only there is no display or your laptop not running at all?

Please answer my questions so far i try to help you my best.

Regards  :)

mooch36910

mooch36910

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

hello dashing star sorry for the late response, Honestly i didn't see what kind of update is that for..  for the testing yes i did memtest and the testing also for the hard disk. i did a lot of troubleshooting like hard reset connect to another monitor, pressing window+ B key for the reset bios, Im just confuse why is it not working, it just happen that when i test the hard disk it shuts down and when i try to turn it on its black screen bat you can hear the fan running. thanks for the response dashing star

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

Hope you don't mind the interjection folks  :)

It is possible that the surface area of the HDD is damaged but I would suggest that you try the following mooch36910;

Disconnect the AC adapter, remove the main power battery and the Ram, press the power on button for 20 to 30 seconds to dispel any residual charge in the MB, replace only one stick of Ram if you have two, connect the AC adapter only, restart and test the notebook and then post back with an update for us.

To help with removing and replacing the Ram see pages 1 to 4 here

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

mooch36910

mooch36910

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello mooch36910   :welcome:

i install a windows 8 in my laptop it runs perfectly fine then theres a time for a software update. 

which software you update? Before Update of that software any issue there?

i  accidentally tripped the ac adaptor then the laptop turns off i try to open it it just saying boot disk error i try  to troubleshoot myself it didn't work

Did your laptop running directly with adapter and no battery inside? What trouble shooting techniques you done?

when i try to memory test it works after that when i try to do the hard disk test half way of the test the laptop shutsdown, Everytime i turn on the laptop its always black screen i cant see anything i did a lot of test already but still dont work pls help me.

Did you run Memtest? For hard disk what test you did? Did your laptop running but only there is no display or your laptop not running at all?

Please answer my questions so far i try to help you my best.

Regards  :)

It is possible that the surface area of the HDD is damaged but I would suggest that you try the following mooch36910;

Disconnect the AC adapter, remove the main power battery and the Ram, press the power on button for 20 to 30 seconds to dispel any residual charge in the MB, replace only one stick of Ram if you have two, connect the AC adapter only, restart and test the notebook and then post back with an update for us.

To help with removing and replacing the Ram see pages 1 to 4 here

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

hi phillpower2 thanks for your reply here i try to take out the memory of the laptop i try each one of them when i power on the laptop the screen is still black but theres light on the side i try to switch theres spot same thing blackscreen if you put  one memory the black screen will have a light on the edge of the screen monitor, but if you put the 2 memory the screen is totally black but you can hear the fan is running. thanks for the response.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

You are welcome phill...  :)

Hope you assist more better and give proper solution... :yes:

Regards

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

Apologies for the late reply folks  :(

Need some clarification please mooch36919,

when i try to memory test it works after that when i try to do the hard disk test half way of the test the laptop shutsdown

How are you testing the memory.

How are you attempting to test the hard drive.

If the answers to the above = that you are using the HP diagnostic tools, these tools are stored within the BIOS and not on the HDD itself, the information provided suggests that the Ram is fine and that the HDD may be bad.

Once we have established how the stated tests were run we will be able to suggest an appropriate course of action for you  :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

Not heard from you for a while mooch36910, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.