Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a New Gaming Pc

• Please log in to reply

*Andrey*

*Andrey*

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey guys i am building a gaming pc and i would like to know if this build is good. Particularly i would like to know if the case if good for my build.

Here is the build               http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WWrBRB

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

:welcome:   *Andrey*,

The build is very good but it is also massive overkill if it is only for gaming, is gaming the only intended use?

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

*Andrey*

*Andrey*

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Well what would you recommend for gaming 

*Andrey*

*Andrey*

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Also should i wait for skylake

*Andrey*

*Andrey*

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I am gonna be using a 2k 144hz monitor

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
 is gaming the only intended use?

Before suggesting a list of parts we need to know the intended use of the computer, an i5 CPU and 8GB of Ram is fine for gaming but if you plan on rendering video, use CAD or are a games programmer an i5 and 8GB of Ram will not do.

Also should i wait for skylake

Rumoured to be released on August 5th 2015 so it is worth waiting that long if only to see what the prices are going to be.

Polite Reminder

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

NB: If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)   :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

Not heard back from you *Andrey* do you still require assistance, an update would be appreciated.