Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reverting back from Windows 10 to your old O/S

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

heartgrave

heartgrave

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Please be advised, you have exactly 30 days from the day you upgrade to Windows 10 to go back to your old OS before you can no longer do so. You do this by hitting the Start button or Windows key and clicking "Settings." Then click on "Update & Security" then "Recovery." You will see an option to "Go Back." If you do NOT see the option, it means you deleted the Windows.old file from your PC or 30 days has passed. If it is not there, you are stuck. No 3rd party program required.

Edited by heartgrave, 21 August 2015 - 06:11 PM.

Advertisements

dam1120

dam1120

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

my laptop was updated from 8 to 10 and then it started just popping up browsers non stop then I tried putting it back to 8 and it did the same thing. I got this message and I can not get into the computer to do anything? Please help.
Thank you
http://o.aolcdn.com/....19327487_n.jpg

LightspeeD

LightspeeD

• Pip
  • 5 posts

easeUS Todo Backup & easeUS System RevertBack are 2 different programs altogether.

P.S i have easeUS todo Backup Home, but the free version is good too, just nags u to 'pay' and is slower at backups than paid versions, & is for personal use only. This is a great backup/clone software.

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

The best and safest method, which will work at any time even long after the 30 day period, is to make either a full image of your hard drive to an external drive before upgrading to W10, or to create a clone of your system to a spare hard drive, again before starting the upgrade to Windows 10.

Like so many folks with older early Windows 7 machines, the Windows 10 upgrade didn't work for me and rendered my laptop useless. A good job I did have an image on my external drive so I could reinstall everything from that.

Plenty of good image or clone making software available, however I used Macrium Reflect, to me one of the best if a little slow at working.

Nev.

Mike welch

Mike welch

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Need to know how to factory reset microsoft windows phone do to reset protection

Mike welch

Mike welch

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Please be advised, you have exactly 30 days from the day you upgrade to Windows 10 to go back to your old OS before you can no longer do so. You do this by hitting the Start button or Windows key and clicking "Settings." Then click on "Update & Security" then "Recovery." You will see an option to "Go Back." If you do NOT see the option, it means you deleted the Windows.old file from your PC or 30 days has passed. If it is not there, you are stuck. No 3rd party program required.

heartgrave

heartgrave

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

You need to have the Microsoft account login information.