Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 registry_error

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

NWABCS

NWABCS

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
My windows 10 upgrade was seemingly complete. I waited 40 minutes for the black screen to disappear. It sounded as if my computer had shut off. I hit the power button, and windows 10 started to load. I then got an error about Windows not loading correctly and it had to gather information and then restart. I also was told that I could search registry error once it booted up. The system restarted and I got the same thing again. It is a blue screen with a sad emoticon at the top. I would post a picture I took but the file is too large. I am panicking here because I need my laptop tomorrow. Any help is greatly appreciated

Advertisements

NWABCS

NWABCS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Here is photo

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015-07-31 19.11.24.jpg

NWABCS

NWABCS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Somehow this was fixed.  I restarted the computer and hit f8.  I got another blue screen that installation did not work and I could restart or attempt to fix with advanced options.  I attempted to do a system restore, didn't work.  Selected something related to "build restore" (previous build?).  Computer gave same error.  I slammed laptop screen down.  When I opened laptop up, I was asked to login and I had Windows 10.  I have zero explanation and no clue what I did but I fixed it.

Edit: after setting my windows 10 settings and updating AVG, i had to restart.. and it took me to windows 7

I'm staying here... forever...

Edited by NWABCS, 31 July 2015 - 07:21 PM.