Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Display Driver Crashes

• Please log in to reply

RubiksHQ

RubiksHQ

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Hi,

My new Windows 8.1 laptop typically has this issue where the screen turns black all of a sudden but restores back within 3 seconds.

The error I get is "Display driver Intel HD graphic drivers for Windows 8® stopped responding and has successfully recovered." My computer is up to date in terms of Windows updates.

Any help is appreciated :)

Advertisements

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Go to the following page: http://www.intel.com...ect?iid=dc_iduu

Download the Intel Driver Update Utility, and follow the instructions on that page. Check for any updates, and install them.

If nothing shows up, then select the right graphics driver straight from the website, download and install it. (You might actually find drivers on the support page for your laptop as well.)