Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

G force 8600gt

- - - - -

Best Answer trucker , 29 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

Ive dumped windows 10 for Linux and PC-BSD. So far I am happy with these OP SYS. thanks for the help. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

trucker

trucker

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

I just did the upgrade to 10 and it will not install the new video driver. I am not so sure its 10 that is the issue this machine and video card are both older.

Processor Intel ® Core™2 Duo CPU E6750 @2.66GHz 2.67 GHz

(RAM) 3.50 GB

32 bit OS x64-based processor

Gforce 8600GT video card

Gigabit S- series MB

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Update the driver before installing Windows 10: http://www.nvidia.co...spx/87988/en-us

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Ok thanks for trying, I already have 10 installed. that driver didn't work would not install 

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try Geforce Experience. I've used it several times to find a good driver and it's worked.

Gman147

Gman147

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Try Geforce Experience. I've used it several times to find a good driver and it's worked.

Kind of off-topic, but did MS fix that problem with Windows Update installing older versions of video drivers?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

No, still happening so I guess it's better to wait until after the Upgrade to install a new driver.

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
✓  Best Answer

Ive dumped windows 10 for Linux and PC-BSD. So far I am happy with these OP SYS. thanks for the help.