Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Problems

• Please log in to reply

thefunkymunky

thefunkymunky

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

I have a Satellite L655-S5157 laptop. Everything worked fine until a couple of days ago when I noticed that when I was playing my games in pogo.com I had no audio. I've tried different browsers, (chrome, internet explorer and mozilla) but it's the same no volume. I have volume when I'm just in windows programs. I've contacted pogo, microsoft, chrome and am told by all that it's not there problem. Can someone help me resolve this annoying issue? Thank you.

Edited by thefunkymunky, 02 December 2015 - 11:51 PM.

Advertisements

Hoxtro9988712

Hoxtro9988712

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Of course it's not their problem it's a problem with your computer.

thefunkymunky

thefunkymunky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

I'm afraid I don't understand? What do I need to do? I'm confused because I have sound when I'm just using windows, I can play windows solitaire and have sound all day long but as soon as I go to pogo.com (no matter which browser I use; chrome, internet explorer or mozilla) nothing not a peep. I've checked the device manager and everything there is on par. I've tried updating the driver but am told that I already have the latest drivers available. I'm not real techy so I don't know how I should proceed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Do you have sound when browsing other website (Youtube etc) if yes then I am guessing that it is the POGO.COM site that as the issue. Check if there is any settings in that site or the games you play on that site that enable or disable sound, maybe your answer is there.

Hope that helps.

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Open a browser first such as Firefox, then right click on the speaker icon on the task bar and select "Open volume mixer", you should then see slide control for the browser that is open, check that it is set to the maximum (Same as main volume)

Nev.