Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is the Best platform for Web Development?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

John Michel

John Michel

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

It depends that what type of website you want to make and what are your priorities.

1. If you want to make a simple website that does not cost more and loads fast then WordPress will be a nice platform.
  2. But if you want a big website like an eCommerce website then Magento will be the best option according to me.

Advertisements

melissa019

melissa019

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Very interesting topic. I thin, WordPress,which is the best web sit for to learn web development.Because almost everything has a support forum and WordPress people are there in always for they to help you if you are stuck. It is also the latest trend so you would want to the follow that for a.

directory submission site list
social bookmarking sites list
press release sites list
social exchange sites
article submission sites    

DominickLo

DominickLo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Choosing web development platform is subject to requirement specification of the project. 

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Attacking WordPress

Fiannati

Fiannati

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

As people mentioned above, WordPress is superior. I will add that WordPress is really good for SEO too.

dynastyteam

dynastyteam

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

I also prefer wordpress.

gody09

gody09

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I will suggest WordPress as the best web development platform available today. 

WordPress is so popular, There are tons of themes, plugins, tutorials support and they even have wordpress.org which is free.

But as suggested in this thread, the popularity of WordPress has become it's greatest threat, as hackers and spammers target wordpress websites more than ever.

There are vulnerability issues in wordpress, but they are constantly updating the platform and closing all backdoors opened by vulnerable plugins. 

If use WordPress sensibly, it is the best. If you go on and install a lot of plugins with no history or good reviews you might as well be in danger. 

There are a few precautions that you can take to keep your wordpress website safe, and make the most of this amazing web development platform.

You can read bout the safety measures that have to be followed in wordpress here https://www.globalme...s-website-safe/

Basically,  don't use default user names and passwords. 

The URL for back end access in wordpress websites are all same, yourwebsite/wp-admin

So hackers and spammers can easily try common user names and passwords surprisingly most people still use.

Like admin, admin123 etc... those are silly mistakes to make from your end.

Using "Recaptcha" for form and comment submissions are also a very good practice. 

There are other good web development platforms like weebly, drupal, joomla but wordpress towers all of them.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

A few good web frameworks:

Django (Python) - Sites using Django include: Disqus, Instagram, Knight Foundation, MacArthur Foundation, Mozilla, National Geographic, Open Knowledge Foundation, Pinterest, Open Stack.

Express (Node.js/JavaScript) - A lot of high profile companies use Express, including: Accenture, IBM, Uber, etc.

Ruby on Rails (Ruby) - Rails has been used for high profile sites, including: Airbnb, Basecamp, GitHub, Highrise, Hulu, Shopify, SoundCloud, Square, Twitch, Zendesk.

ASP.NET - ASP.NET is used by Microsoft, Xbox.com, Stack Overflow, and many others.

Disruption

Disruption

Geek in Training

• GeekU Freshman
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Something I'd recommend for front end development would be Brackets. Incredible interface for real time tracking of front end changes. Works with HTML, CSS, JS and a variety of other languages!

Marshal Tom

Marshal Tom

• Pip
  • 2 posts

WordPress is much more effective and easy to use platform for developing the website as compare to other platforms, because of it's built-in features you don't have to do too much coding.Not much time ago I have some problems regarding search option and finding content in attached PDF, DOCX. files, but just because wordpress is more intensively developing and updates are coming out regularly and we can find so many responsive themes and plugins. I have found a search plugin named "Full Text Search" which solves both my problems. So I highly recommend you to use Wordpress. 

Advertisements

EdwardRees

EdwardRees

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

If you are looking for the easiest way, try to make it on Tilda.

debora32

debora32

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • WordPress
  • PHP
  • Joomla
  • Magento
  • ASP.NET
  • JSP
  • Open Cart

graciebrynlee

graciebrynlee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm working in CBX Studio. Our developers are use both platform like shopify, weebly, wix but wordpress is the best. This platform is the best for developing the website and its also best for SEO. 

websolutionwinner

websolutionwinner

• Pip
  • 3 posts
List of Platforms for Web Development:

• WordPress
  • PHP
  • Joomla
  • Magento
  • ASP.NET
  • JSP
  • Open Cart

You can easily start your website development based your needs.

IamDonna

IamDonna

• Pip
  • 4 posts
In my opinion for eCommerce Development! Woocommerce is the most cost-effective and robust e-commerce platform is . Here's why
  • Easy to customize, you can change as much as you want.
  • Development and maintenance costs are comparatively lower than Magento & Shopify.
  • Thousands of plugins and themes are available.
  • Community support is greater, so you won't get stuck at any time.
  • 100+ integrations with other systems are available.
  • More SEO friendly.

Even WooCommerce can also be used for creating B2B store. 

All you just have add B2B specific plugins to enable B2B/Wholesale functionality. 

For example! 

For RFQ management you can use WooCommerce Official plugin along with  

B2B eCommerce plugin for WooCommerce - WooCommerce

it will help you with 

• Custom RFQ page
  • Quote status & messages
  • "Have terms" Payment options

Thanks,
let me know if you need help with the WooCommerce installation