Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Freezing at times when playing games

• Please log in to reply

DNowak16

DNowak16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

The screeching comes from the usb headphones itself not the computer. I just finished dusting and cleaning the computer and I looked over everything and it seems to be fine. Also here is the Speedfan info but it was a little messy in open office so I copy pasted it into notepad. And sadly it still shows the same error for DISM.

Attached Files

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I don't suppose you have an original Win 10 disk do you?

DNowak16

DNowak16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Sadly no, just a windows 8.1 disk

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I'm going to ask on our internal forum if someone can zip up the 4 files that SFC is complaining about and send them to me.  We can try manually replacing the files and see if that helps.

DNowak16

DNowak16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Okay sweet

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

OK.  We have some files.  There is some doubt about whether this will work but worth a shot.

Save the Repair_Files.zip.  Right click and Extract All.  These all go in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

You probably need to show hidden files:

http://www.howtogeek...-windows-vista/

Probably best to rename the old files by putting old in front of them before you copy the new files to the SysWow64 folder..  If they won't let you rename them or replace them then try it in Safe Mode:

http://www.digitalci...mode-windows-10

If you get the new files in place then try running sfc /scannow as before.  Does it like them?

DNowak16

DNowak16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Seems like it didn't work, should I just try deleting them? I don't think I need them anymore after disabling what I needed to.

Attached Files

• Attached File  junk.txt   145.65KB   161 downloads

Edited by DNowak16, 04 July 2016 - 12:29 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I have been told that it won't work that way and that we have to use sfcfix.  One of our guys has come up with a fix:

!!! WARNING !!! The following fix is only relevant for this system and no other, running the script on another computer will not work and may cause problems...

•  
  • Download the attached SFCFix.zip and save the file to the Desktop
  • On your Desktop, you should have two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFix.zip
  • Drag the file SFCFix.zip onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it
  • The SFCFix tool will process the script
  • Upon completion, a log file SFCFix.txt should be created on your Desktop
  • Open the SFCFix.txt log and copy & paste the contents to your post

You already have sfcfix.exe - just make sure it is on your desktop.  After sfcfix does its thing:

Reboot and run sfc /scannow again and see if there is any change.  Then

Copy the next two lines:

findstr  /c:"[SR]"  \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log  >  \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 
notepad \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue.  Right click and Paste (or Edit then Paste) and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter.  Close the command window.

DNowak16

DNowak16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I believe it worked, when I ran sfc /scannow it completed and said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations", instead of saying it cannot fix corrupt files. The SFCFix notepad has the content of when I placed the zip on to the exe, and the junk notepad is the sfc /scannow contents.

Attached Files

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Search for

device manager

and hit Enter.  Then View, Show Hidden Devices.  Look in the right pane.  Are there any yellow flagged entries?  

Right click on any you find and select properties then click on the Details tab.  Change Property to Hardware IDs.  Click on the top one then right click and copy.  Paste that into a reply.  Repeat for all yellow flagged devices.

Your Chrome seems to be taking up a lot of CPU time.  Try running 

AdvCleaner & Junkware Removal Tool

Download : ADWCleaner to your desktop.  Make sure you get the correct Download button.  Sometimes the ads on BleepingComputer will mimic the real Download button which should say: Download Now @BleepingComputer

NOTE: If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading, click on the warning and allow the download to complete.

Close  all programs, pause your anti-virus and run AdwCleaner (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator).

scan-results.jpg

Click on Scan  and follow the prompts. Let it run unhindered. When done, click on the Clean button, and follow the prompts. Allow the system to reboot. You will then be presented with the report. Copy & Paste this report on your next reply.

The report will be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

Junkware-Removal-Tool

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.  Make sure you get the correct Download button.  Sometimes the ads on BleepingComputer will mimic the real Download button which should say: Download Now @Author's site
  • Pause your anti-virus.  Close all browsers.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
  •  

Then create a Process Explorer log as before.

Advertisements

DNowak16

DNowak16

• Topic Starter
    • PipPip
    • 26 posts

Here are the two notepads for AdwCleaner and Junk Removal Tool. When you say Process Explorer log do you mean the sfc /scannow log?

Attached Files

Edited by DNowak16, 04 July 2016 - 01:47 PM.

DNowak16

DNowak16

• Topic Starter
    • PipPip
    • 26 posts

Ran sfc /scannow and there are no errors! 

Attached Files

• Attached File  junk.txt   53.92KB   140 downloads

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
    • 24,625 posts
    • MVP

Thought we already had done this once:

Get Process Explorer

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7 - right click and Run As Administrator).  

View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
    Options, Verify Image Signatures

Click twice on the CPU column header  to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.  

Wait a full minute then:

File, Save As, Save.  Note the file name.   Open the file  on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

DNowak16

DNowak16

• Topic Starter
    • PipPip
    • 26 posts

Oh I forgot about this, we have. Here is the log

Attached Files

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
    • 24,625 posts
    • MVP

Chrome is still using too much CPU.  I'm going to have this moved to our Malware forum so I can run FRST so I can see what Chrome is up to.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop. 

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version. 

•  
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. 
  • Check the Addition.txt box
  • Press Scan button. 
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.  
  • Please copy and paste log back here. 
  • It will generate another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.