Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motherboard goes but the cursor flashing

mb

• Please log in to reply

Semantha

Semantha

• Pip
  • 7 posts

My laptop is defected and I knew there's something wrong with the motherboard, so I ordered a replaced one online. And decided to change it.

The thing is, it doesn't function..the motherboard goes but the cursor is flashing ...

Is there anybody who can give me some advise?

Thanks in advance.

URGENT..I need it to work..

My laptop is HP DV6. The motherboard part number 665346-001.

And I've contact the seller. They sent me the testing pictures of the mb. And it shows the mb functions well.

SO I'm pretty sure its not the problem with the mb.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi and welcome to our forums

:welcome:

Before you replaced your motherboard did you remember to back everything up and reinstall Windows together with all drivers??.... its sometimes possible to "get away" with not reinstalling Windows but it's good practice to do so.

To test your motherboard is the correct one for your computer, and is installed correctly use a good working machine to download a copy of Linux Puppy, burn it to a CD (as an image, as simple copy won't do) and then boot from it...( adjusting the BIOS to allow this if necessary, give your machine a good test using Puppy, you should be able to access your hard drive, access your photos etc and if you stick to Ethernet, access the Internet OK

If you have any stuff that you need an extra copy of then you can use Puppy to copy it to a flash drive memory stick or external USB hard drive.

If you cant get Puppy to run on your machine then (providing you did it correctly.... :D ) it indicates a hardware problem with your machine...

Post back and let us know how you get on... or if you need detailed directions on any of this.

Regards

paws

Semantha

Semantha

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi and welcome to our forums

:welcome:

Before you replaced your motherboard did you remember to back everything up and reinstall Windows together with all drivers??.... its sometimes possible to "get away" with not reinstalling Windows but it's good practice to do so.

To test your motherboard is the correct one for your computer, and is installed correctly use a good working machine to download a copy of Linux Puppy, burn it to a CD (as an image, as simple copy won't do) and then boot from it...( adjusting the BIOS to allow this if necessary, give your machine a good test using Puppy, you should be able to access your hard drive, access your photos etc and if you stick to Ethernet, access the Internet OK

If you have any stuff that you need an extra copy of then you can use Puppy to copy it to a flash drive memory stick or external USB hard drive.

If you cant get Puppy to run on your machine then (providing you did it correctly.... :D ) it indicates a hardware problem with your machine...

Post back and let us know how you get on... or if you need detailed directions on any of this.

Regards

paws

Thank you for your reply. I'll test it as you says and let you know the result.