Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet goes off & slow someone interpret these numbers?

Best Answer jonia , 06 September 2016 - 06:16 AM

Thank you. I have learned that the jitter and latency will make the internet seem slower - Yes, did the speedtest.net and also att speedtest. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

jonia

jonia

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
The internet has been dropping off the last few days,(about once an hour) and so... slow. Tried both computers newer & older and both behave same.
Att Server
have a router and modem
DSL
I did a speed test Last night download .5 mbps, upload.32 latency 77 ms and jitters 140
today. download .6 mbps, upload .32, latency 57 ms and jitter 1 ms

my computer numbers are similar to newer computer butjitter is 61 ms
Only one computer was on the internet at time of tests.

What are these numbers telling me compared to others with dsl? If these are slow is there anything I can do? Is there something wrong with my moden/router that is causing the drop off so many times from the internet or the slow speed? Is there a way for me to check?
Thanks

Advertisements

jonia

jonia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Phoned Att, bunch of tests, thought it was working, still drops off. said moden not set right and the modem and router had gotten out of sync. I'm not sure what to believe. Went to att connection test last showed IP failed,
Is there a way to tell if problem is ATT, router, or modem?

jonia

jonia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
✓  Best Answer
Thank you. I have learned that the jitter and latency will make the internet seem slower - Yes, did the speedtest.net and also att speedtest.

naqeeb123

naqeeb123

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thank you. I have learned that the jitter and latency will make the internet seem slower - Yes, did the speedtest.net and also att speedtest.

Also try with this internet connection checker and also with a desktop application for checking internet speed.

spinbot

spinbot

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Sentence Rewriter by means of Small SEO Tools is a reliable Paraphrase gadget you can trust. spinbot.com The gadget is worked for max in general execution and incorporates truly bunches of well-coordinated equivalent words (more than seven hundred,000 new equivalent words have been conveyed nowadays to improve the top notch of results).