Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes then goes to blue screen

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

howell9009

howell9009

• Pip
  • 6 posts

While I am gaming my computer will occasionally freeze up, go completely dark, then a blue screen with the following stop code appears: stop code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. This almost always occurs on games that were previously running fine.  I tried to test my CPU and GPU temperatures and they seemed to be okay.  I ran BlueScreenView and these were the results http://imgur.com/a/ILnMC. I'm not very knowledgeable in this department so all I have done is your basic google search.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

CPU:  AMD FX8350

GPU: AMD R9 270X

RAM: 16GB

MOBO: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

PS: Rosewill Photon-650W 80 plus Gold Certified

Advertisements

atrace63

atrace63

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Update all the drivers.

Granner

Granner

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Uninstall the most recent driver you've installed.

howell9009

howell9009

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Okay, well I attempted to upload the files and I received the following error: You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file. Any further suggestions?

howell9009

howell9009

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Alright, that seemed to work.  I have attached what you asked for.  Thanks for the help and patience.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.zip   208.44KB   196 downloads

howell9009

howell9009

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

The speccy results are in the following url: http://speccy.pirifo...HbBaC41bcy0IkUK.  Then the chkdsk results were: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

howell9009

howell9009

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

So, this issue I've been having now occurs while not playing games, but just doing your average day computing.  There is no blue screen, but every thing just locks up (can't alt f4, alt tab, open task manager, etc.).  This PC is used for school and work, so fixing this is a top priority for me.  Thanks again for the help so far.