Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer runs slow after waking (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 15 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

Not sure which post should be selected tbh tigger3370, I only suggested the driver updates and disabling hibernation, the driver updates apparently did not work so either disabling hibernation or s... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Will do but I have never found any program that makes that claim that actually does so.

I'll report back in a bit.

1st link:

Definite misunderstanding. I was under the impression that you had written two programs that you claimed made these improvements. Looking through the information at the links you posted I see it is just recommendations for using know good software, like CCleaner or known good practices for for reducing unneeded programs.

Some of what you recommend in the first link, having possibly having a small effect on performance, makes the coumpter less useable, at least for me, as well as less attractive to see (desktop background for instance).

Over all, a very good list of suggestions.

2nd link: SysPerf program

Windows defender continually says it's a virus and deletes it, as you said it would. Running it now.

It also makes about 100 registry changes some of which I recognize, most I don't.

You run Disk Cleanup which removes Windows.old thus preventing someone from reverting back to the previous OS. Only a concern until the 30 day mark is hit, as after that it's cleaned up anyway.

You run DISM which is okay but you then delete all existing Event viewer entries. Mostly okay but sometimes this can cause loss of useful information.

Sorry but I don't recommend this one.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Still with us tigger3370.

tigger3370

tigger3370

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Yup. Still here. Hadn't seen any updates lately. Seemed to work ok today when I woke from sleep. Wanted to see if the changes lasted before posting anything. I did a few other things on my own (disabled some services I knew I didn't need and removing some programs I didn't know were still there), and I'm hoping it keeps working ok. I'll post again in a couple days after I've woken it from sleep a few more times. Thanks for reminding to look at it (this post) again!

Jason

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Thanks for the update Jason and fingers crossed for you  :thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)

tigger3370

tigger3370

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Ok. It's been a few days and I think it's working better. I'm just going to say it is and can start a new thread if it goes kablooey again.

Thanks for the help!

Jason

P.S. Do I just clicked the mark solved button or can you end this thread for me?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
✓  Best Answer

Not sure which post should be selected tbh tigger3370, I only suggested the driver updates and disabling hibernation, the driver updates apparently did not work so either disabling hibernation or something that you disabled was the solution.