Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Errors with AMD graphics driver

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

William Scott

William Scott

• Pip
  • 1 posts

On an older HP laptop (Pavilion dv7) that originally ran windows7. It has since been upgraded to Windows10, but now I get this error at startup: "No AMD graphics driver installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."

In the Device Manager, it says I have:
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series

Both installed, but the 5000 series won't install the drivers because of errors and the 4200 series says it is up to date. 

Is there a different driver I can install that will work?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday  

William Scott,  :welcome:

Go to http://support.amd.c...riversAuto.aspxand follow the instructions.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday..

How are things going?   Did you fix the problem?   An update would be appreciated.

Thanks.

d.brack

d.brack

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

I had that graphics card and what I found out was I think it was incompatible with Windows 10. Sorry... 

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday d.brack.

Thanks for the info.   I think you are correct, last supported OS I can find is W8.1.   HP no longer supports the Pavilion Dv7, so again no updated driver there.