Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Do I need Cyberlink Youcam?

• Please log in to reply

SANDSTER

SANDSTER

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Good Saturday morning,

Checking out my programs  in ADD/REMOVE and noticed CYBERLINK YOUCAM, which was installed before I purchased my HP Laptop G6, in 2012.

It is Taking up a lot of space. 217 MB.

I googled it, I guess it is for using ONLINE VIDEO CHATS,  and SYPE which I do not use. But, I do need to view my youtube soap operas.

QUESTIONS:

If I DELETED Cyberlink Youcam

Would I lose viewership for YOUTUBE ?

``````````````````````````

I noticed Cyberlink Youcam is a SOFTWARE.

If I choose to delete it, would I be able to get it back, say in the future. Should I change my mind about getting video chats, or SYPE?

`````````````````````

One more thing, I read that this software can cause havoc?

````````````````````

Thank you.

You guys' and gals' are the best.

Here is an early

Happy Valentines Day!

Sandster

Edited by SANDSTER, 11 February 2017 - 10:12 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Doesn't look like you need it for anything:

https://cyberlink-yo...n.softonic.com/

You should be able to uninstall it and not miss it.  It certainly won't do anything to youtube.

Since it came with the PC you can download it again from the HP support site (tho you will need the full number from the sticker on the bottom - G6 isn't enough to make sure you have the right laptop).  It's listed under Software - Multimedia 

I'm not even sure you need it for Skype video.  I would expect Windows to install a generic driver for the camera on your first reboot which is all that Skype should need.

SANDSTER

SANDSTER

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thank you so much Expert. You made my day.