Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help unzipping file and then sending to SD card ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Kia2017

Kia2017

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Good Evening,I need help with unzipping a file and then copying it to a SD card.

It must be placed here ("file")  

Example    D:\BACKUP\PROJ\"file" 

How would I do this step by step 

Help Jeff

Advertisements

Kia2017

Kia2017

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Sorry some more info.This is a Zipped Program File for a Robot.The original program was incorrect  . So the changes were emailed to me

in a Zipped format.And I need to place this file (extracted) in this order per instructions D:BACKUP\PROJ\file  .So my question is how would

one accomplish this 

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Since the file was E-mailed to you, it's an attachment. The first thing you need to do is save it to your hard drive.

I would create a new folder in your Downloads folder, call it Robot, then save the attachment there.

Once there, right click on the file and click on Select all. Look in the Files will be extracted to this folder box to see where the files will be placed, which should be a new fo0lder under the Downloads\Robot folder.

Once the files are there, you can then copy them to the D:\BACKUP\PROJ folder on th SD card.