Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get spellcheck to work in yahoo mail/other (but not all) web

• Please log in to reply

turnall

turnall

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

I'm using IE11 and windows 8.1. Up until a few weeks ago, if I was typing an email in yahoo, it would underline in red any words that were spelled wrong. Now all of a sudden it doesn't, and I see that it's not doing it here in this forum or in Facebook either, like it used to. It does underline misspelled words in google search bar and in some web pages. I do have "on" for both autocorrect misspelled words and highlight misspelled words when I look in my settings under "typing" but it's not working all the time. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Dimwitch

Dimwitch

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Obviously, I know the problem. I have the same underline in Mozilla Firefox on every website when I typing. But in Google Chrome and similar browsers not. It is only the problem Internet Explorer, try to type something in Chrome

turnall

turnall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Obviously, I know the problem. I have the same underline in Mozilla Firefox on every website when I typing. But in Google Chrome and similar browsers not. It is only the problem Internet Explorer, try to type something in Chrome

Yeah, it works in Chrome. I'm just a creature of habit and there are some things I prefer to do in IE and I don't understand why it worked fine until a few weeks ago. I guess I may have to get used to using a different browser.

TooNew2

TooNew2

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Do you know about when the change happened? Suppose you used the Restore function, taking your system back to a time when spell-check worked. After that, you could install any updates or make other system changes needed since then, and if one of those caused the problem, you could determine which by checking after each install.

turnall

turnall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Since I wasn't figuring anything out, I just gave up and started using chrome for my email. I hate having to do that because I'm so used to IE, but I decided maybe it's just time to move on... Except now I came back to IE to type this reply, because I was already logged in here and didn't remember my login to do it on chrome, and guess what, now it's working as I type this, and so I opened up yahoo mail and typed a test message to myself and it's working, but to correcting and underlining mistakes.